General Carowinds discussion
By Carowindsman
all right i have change the times it will be every day and a half so now Taxi Jam is out and who is out next

Carolina Cyclone
Carolina Goldrusher
Flying Super Saturator
Hurler
Ricochet
Scooby Doo's Ghoster Coaster
Thunder Road
Top Gun - The Jet Coaster
Borg Assimilator
Vortex

I am actaully going to say Carolina Goldrusher
By twistytie
Me too.

Bye bye Goldrusher!
By Trev32
Flying Super Saturator.
By Jonathan
Taxi Jam is fun. If you didn't get in on the ERT that Jay mentioned, you don't know what you were missing. A coaster doesn't have to be over 100 ft tall, have 10 loops, or go 120mph to be fun. I'd rather have more fun like I did on Taxi Jam than Top Gun or Vortex any day.

Tru dat. Tru dat.
By coasterdave
This is an easy for me. I will have to go with Vorsuck..... I mean Vortex. It is good for a token ride every now and then. And no I am not crazy.

You guys just had to been at the ERt in 02 to understand what we are talking about. I think it was about 40 minutes without getting off of Taxi Jam. Guess you just had to have been there to enjoy it.
By wdwspider
Super Saturator - Bye Bye Bye!
By winthropjr
Cephas wrote: The Goldrusher needs to be themed to be a ghost train. I think there is one down by Wilmington somewhere. It would then fit in with the Carolina Boardwalk theme. But it's still fun. That's why I vote Reptar. Reptar also needs a second train to improve ride capacity.

I asked maintenance last season if they would put another train on RRR. However, they did get a second train in, and it is in the maintenance storage room, but the ride with all of the blocking really would not function right. Since it is so small they said it is difficult to add a train to the track--that is why it has one.

As to the Saturator, that ride already had enough trouble with the trains on the track. That ride definetely had a mind of its own. With the trains it has, there is enough that goes on with it. Back in July the ride was down for quite sometime becuase of the trains.
By montumax
Still going with Vortex.

Why?

1) Its a chore to ride.

2) When a coaster becomes one of those "obligatory" rides at the park, its time to go. Vortex is like Ninja at SFOG. You ride it once for the year just to say you rode it. Then, you don't ride it again until the next year.

3) Georgia Scorcher is a lot better. So is Mantis (and I like it and some people don't) and Chang.
By Trev32
ya know why chang/mantis/gorgia scorcher are better? THEY'RE NEWER!!!

if i had a season pass i'd spend almost the whole day widing vortex,it's a good coaster.

i just don't get why people say vortex is a bad ride,it really isn't.
By montumax
Newness has nothing to do with it. Its the ride itself that I don't like. You could open up a brand new stand up and if the ride itself isn't worth a darn, I'm not going to like it. Bottom line: if a coaster isn't fun, I'm not going to like it. New or not.
By Carowindsman
ok everything is tied 2 for FSS 2 for Goldrusher and 2 for vortex so executive decision time i am picking between goldrusher and FSS head tails the winner of that was Goldrusher so now vortex vs goldrusher heads tails the loser is Goldrusher good bye Goldrusher

Carolina Cyclone
Flying Super Saturator
Hurler
Ricochet
Scooby Doo's Ghoster Coaster
Thunder Road
Top Gun - The Jet Coaster
Borg Assimilator
Vortex

Now my vote goes to Flying Super Saturator
By Jonathan
Vortex. Granted, I'm not a fan of standups to begin with, but this is my least favorite of the stand-ups I've been on, and my least favorite coaster in the park.
By montumax
Why is BorgAss on there when its not an operating coaster? I don't think many people on this board rode it when it was Stealth and we can't prejudge a coaster before its open!
By Carowindsman
well on this one you are prejudging from what you already know and/or what you have rode so its not a big deal this is more of a thoughts about the rides not one that you have been on the ride survivor
By Trev32
FSS.just like my other 2 votes.