General Carowinds discussion
then go to those other sites that dont have a problem with it...

Anyway, TTD has a race theme...I know I have said that before...

Thriller wrote:
Whitesoxsfan21 wrote:Image
Here is the banner...

Is that tire marks on that banner???? Interesting fact that its not only record breaking, but history making. Sounds like the worlds first NASCAR coaster...but who knows.

I wish I could have gone to this today, but work comes first as always. Exciting news though about the big day on 6-26-09!!!

yeah I sooo cannot wait for tomorrows announcement!
Last edited by coasterbruh on July 25th, 2009, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coasterbruh wrote:
Thriller wrote:
Whitesoxsfan21 wrote:Image
Here is the banner...

Is that tire marks on that banner???? Interesting fact that its not only record breaking, but history making. Sounds like the worlds first NASCAR coaster...but who knows.

I wish I could have gone to this today, but work comes first as always. Exciting news though about the big day on 6-26-09!!!

yeah I sooo cannot wait for tomorrows announcement!

Do you mean last month's announcement? :lol:
A ride that people have suggested our coaster may be similar to has a race theme.

Silver Star. It is sponsored by Mercedes-Benz and rather loosely themed to F1 racing. I don't think I took any pictures of the queue, but there was a lot about the history of Grand Prix racing, which just had its 100th anniversary.
Yeah, I know what you guys mean. Well, I'm sorry about being cynical about the whole part about being discouraged about the release, I was just kind of excited for it, that's all.

However, Jonathon, how late did you stay last night? I left about 8:45ish, because I was just so tired and exhausted, haha.

Who all made it to the event?
I was at the event and stayed until 11:45pm. I left for a few hrs after the final park jeopardy round. As far as the new for 2010 attraction, the sound playing during the video sounded like an Indy car type of sound and not Nascar race car noise.
They sound different??? lol Thats like saying you notice the difference between going 72 mph than 74mph...and that it makes a difference...

I dont know the difference between indy and nascar. I only know nascar I guess cause I live in the south and thats pretty popular, over than indy...unless its george lucas' indy...
bpmitchell wrote:I was at the event and stayed until 11:45pm. I left for a few hrs after the final park jeopardy round. As far as the new for 2010 attraction, the sound playing during the video sounded like an Indy car type of sound and not Nascar race car noise.

The park probably has no idea. They most likely just took it off a sound effect program on a computer labeled 'race car'. Thats a good observation, though it won't change anything.
bpmitchell wrote:As far as the new for 2010 attraction, the sound playing during the video sounded like an Indy car type of sound and not Nascar race car noise.

You're welcome for pointing it out. :) Leave it to me to notice something dorky like that.

coasterbruh wrote:They sound different???

Yes, they do. Indy engines sound like bumble bees, granted rather large, pissed off bumble bees. NASCAR engines sound like thunder. Especially when you're standing on pit road with 43 of them cranking up at once. Pure bliss.

Anywho, arrived at 8:15AM, left at 11:45PM. Hurler sucks painfully (still). After Burn after dark = awesome. Legs hurt. Back hurts. No sunburn, surprisingly.

This ends my Coaster Stock trip report (and doubles as my intro post, so HI!!!!!). Hope you enjoyed it. :)
I'm glad everyone had a nice time at Coaster Stock. I really did want to go, mostly for the behind the scenes stuff and the Q&A, but also for nite time ERT. I rarely get to ride coasters at Carowinds at nite.

As for the announcement, I'm excited. Next spring can't get here soon enough.