General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
patrick2pointoh wrote:No, it is an actual media pass. I work for a website so I requested one.

You still have a chance :D

...And what is this website you work for?
The Jet Coaster wrote:
derek_lentz wrote:
patrick2pointoh wrote:I got a media invite today in the mail. It's really cool, very excited :D

Was that one of the 5 Coasterstock drawing passes or an actually media pass? Just wondering since I didn't get mine today. :(

I got mine yesterday. I was wondering if I was one of the five too. I can't attend the announcement unless I drive all the way back from Rochester NY day after I arrive there. :lol: It's tempting, though.

I beg of you to take pity these poor, suffering boys and give it to someone who can use it!! I am sure you will have a devoted friend for life if you do. (Please note that I am not asking for myself.... although I am very excited about the announcement, I prefer to hear about it from the comfort of my own home.)
By montumax
coasterbruh wrote:
patrick2pointoh wrote:No, it is an actual media pass. I work for a website so I requested one.

You still have a chance :D

...And what is this website you work for?

Heck Jarvis, I haven't gotten mine yet :)

I was hoping we could do lunch that day...LOL
By coasterbruh
guess your site isnt popular enough...

hopefully we would be able to get to that lunch...maybe I can fix you a cocktail out the back of my trunk lol!
By coasterbruh
John43221 wrote:You could have a Tailgate Media Party. If I lived down there, I would bring some T-Bones and Sunkist.

my new best friend...
By montumax
coasterbruh wrote:
John43221 wrote:You could have a Tailgate Media Party. If I lived down there, I would bring some T-Bones and Sunkist.

my new best friend...

Jarvis....my coaster site should be very popular....LOL

If the coaster is NASCAR themed, I wonder if they'll have a driver there? Its not like Dale, Jr is doing anything these days, They could theme it to Dale Jr. Make you think you're gonna hit the wall....
By BoociferPatch
I work for Coaster Fanbase (http://www.coasterfanbase.com/) which I am doing my main story for. I am a podcast cohost over there and will be doing articles soon. We have an interview with Dani on the 27th that you guys should listen to, will give details when the time comes. However I also work for Coaster-Net (http://www.coaster-net.com/) All I did was send an email off to Dani requesting one and described my position on the site and I got one. I was not saying that my website was so super popular that I got an invite without asking..:lol: I requested to get one.

Speaking of tailgating in the invite there is another invite to a post-announcement tailgate..wonder if I should go, you have to RSVP separately for that.
I went to the park today. Nothing new besides 2 new peices of track. I also have something to point out...

Okay , look at the top two peices in the center of the picture. Do you see the angle of the support to track connector? It looks like an invertion , but it isn't . It looks like a very steep peice of track... Hmmm...
By Jay
First off, thanks to everyone who has supplied track pics over the last week and a half. But... I have noticed an abundance of pictures from Thunder Road. I know getting the 'EXCLUSIVE SHOT' is tempting but don't break any rules guys. I don't want to see anyone get kicked out or possibly banned. Only 10 more days now. Also this thread isn't JUST for track photos. The dirt has been feeling left out, even if it doesn't appear to be moving as much.. :wink:
By coasterbruh
Whitesoxsfan21 wrote:I went to the park today. Nothing new besides 2 new peices of track. I also have something to point out...

Okay , look at the top two peices in the center of the picture. Do you see the angle of the support to track connector? It looks like an invertion , but it isn't . It looks like a very steep peice of track... Hmmm...

humm indeed...

Taller coaster=more leg room for a vertical drop or near vertical drop
JamminJ wrote:First off, thanks to everyone who has supplied track pics over the last week and a half. But... I have noticed an abundance of pictures from Thunder Road. I know getting the 'EXCLUSIVE SHOT' is tempting but don't break any rules guys. I don't want to see anyone get kicked out or possibly banned. Only 10 more days now. Also this thread isn't JUST for track photos. The dirt has been feeling left out, even if it doesn't appear to be moving as much.. :wink:

AGREED. :D Poor dirt. It probably feels really lonely. :(
By ThrillSeeker
I havent been excited about the construction. After seeing the pictures that was posted I noticed the track pieces to be drop pieces immediately. Now I am very excited :D . That is eather 90 degrees or dang near it.