General Carowinds discussion
By Carowindsman
boy havent seen the white lightning return post in a long time. Thats been a wish for many many years. It would be cool but based off what I feel cedar fair is doing they are going for Carolina themed attractions so I feel white lightning wouldnt work with what they are doing. But still would be cool to have if they did.
By Nctodbear
Carowindsman wrote:boy havent seen the white lightning return post in a long time. Thats been a wish for many many years. It would be cool but based off what I feel cedar fair is doing they are going for Carolina themed attractions so I feel white lightning wouldnt work with what they are doing. But still would be cool to have if they did.

Actually wasn't it was tied into moonshine, there is nothing more related to the NC mountain folk. :lol:
By BelowThePeak
Could the warehouses by Cyclone ever be removed and rebuilt in another location? Because if so, that's a huge plot of land that could definitely become a new section of the park if they wanted it to be.

I think it'd be cool to see them connect that Drop Tower dead end to County Fair and Carolina Harbor and build a new coaster to be the centerpiece in that area. A Mack Launch would be great, especially to give our coaster collection more variety. I think that it'd more realistically be a B&M launch (probably winged as well), but I'd really love to see Carowinds be unpredictable and go with a different manufacturer.
By FamousAmos
tarheel1231 wrote:Didn't they put lighting on Screamweaver already?

Not yet.
By pproteinc
I personally think Screamweaver needs to be adjusted and turned to lift towards the Jukebox restaurant. That way if/when they do add LEDs it can actually be seen and enjoyed. Screamweaver was the first thing you saw entering Wayne's World but then they built later down the line Ricochet which kind of blocks it.
By cadi40
Within the next 10 - 20 Years I want to see and think we will see a Launch Coaster, Decent Dark Ride, Wing Coaster, And Dive Coaster. I think within that time period we will see 2-4 Carolina Harbor Expansions and 1-2 Hotels Built. I also think we might see a sports complex or a shopping district.
By tylerSC
cadi40 wrote:Within the next 10 - 20 Years I want to see and think we will see a Launch Coaster, Decent Dark Ride, Wing Coaster, And Dive Coaster. I think within that time period we will see 2-4 Carolina Harbor Expansions and 1-2 Hotels Built. I also think we might see a sports complex or a shopping district.

They could add a launched wing coaster like Thunderbird at Holiday World and satisfy 2 of those categories at once. Is the launched wing a better ride experience than the traditional wing coaster? I have not yet ridden a wing coaster. But a regular launched coaster from Intamin or Mack would be great also.
By tarheel1231
Based on Bruh's teasing, I'm expecting one of these for 2019.

That Whitewater falls spot is pretty big. If they were ever going to add one, that would be the perfect place for it. Plus the water park seems to be one of the areas they're focusing on for rapid expansion. A water coaster would make for a great anchor attraction.
By tylerSC
Despite concerns after the Fireball accident in Ohio, I hope Carowinds will eventually add a giant frisbee type ride. Whether it be Huss, Mondial, or some other manufacturer.

Apparently the support beam rusted in Ohio, but proper maintenance and inspections should prevent that. And reports indicate that exact same ride was in Charlotte at the Park Expo carnival earlier this summer, manufactured by KMG. But not necessarily the exact one that malfunctioned. Not sure about that.

But I would still like to see some sort of giant wheel ride for Carowinds.
By arby
tylerSC wrote:Is the launched wing a better ride experience than the traditional wing coaster?

Yes. I was surprised with how good it was.
By tylerSC
Well if Carowinds ever adds a wing coaster, then I hope it is a launched B&M wing version similar to Thunderbird.
By tarheel1231
I'm sorry, but Crave and Personali-Tees are SUPER ugly. They're tiny, faded, and they most certainly don't belong in an destination theme park. I say gut them like they did with Plaza Gifts, and replace them with one store! Image

NC was famous for its textile industry in the 20th Century, why not implement that in the park? Design the exterior like an old textile mill, name the store "Carolina Textile Co." or something generic like that, and combine the Personali-Tees and Crave products into one store! You can either get a pre-made shirt or get a custom-designed one. It's not the most novel idea but it might bring a little more charm into the park. And it'd be way better to look at than the abominations that stand there now.

While they're at it, gut Premiers, build a new gift shop in that plot of land.