General Carowinds discussion
By sv18
Part of the reason I wrote that is because a lot of my GP friends told me that Intimidator is not thrilling at all.
By Carowinds Sully
sv18 wrote:Part of the reason I wrote that is because a lot of my GP friends told me that Intimidator is not thrilling at all.

They obviously aren't riding back row then. Air time on the back row of the Intimidator makes for one of the most thrilling rides to ask for
By uscbandfan
Front row air time ain't bad either. I still love it even though it's not as thrilling as it used to be... or actually PERCEIVED to be.

Again, this follows what I have said before. Once you're used to something (no matter what it is), it takes something a little more to get the same rush or the same thrill. The sensation becomes expected and is less thrilling the more it occurs. This is why companies are having to make coasters bigger and faster to compensate what the public thinks is exciting. ... either that or finding new elements to change the riders perception (like Steel Vengeance and the other RMC coasters).
By pproteinc
I just want Electro Spin to be operated at somewhat full speed again. It's def dropped of my fav ride list. Glad the fairs are here where I can get my rush from the space rollers.
By sv18
Log Flume from Mack. Hopefully, they could shorten RRR, and use some of the trough for a log flume. They could have them side by side like KD has. It could also be a dark ride if they wanted to make it
By wrbcltnc
sv18 wrote:Log Flume from Mack. Hopefully, they could shorten RRR, and use some of the trough for a log flume. They could have them side by side like KD has. It could also be a dark ride if they wanted to make it

I like that idea, but if the log flume queued near Fury then RRR could stay full length. Share resources, i.e. water treatment, pumps, etc. Plus a log flume through the tree tops would be great and if done correctly could enhance RRR's scenery.
By sv18
wrbcltnc wrote:
sv18 wrote:Log Flume from Mack. Hopefully, they could shorten RRR, and use some of the trough for a log flume. They could have them side by side like KD has. It could also be a dark ride if they wanted to make it

I like that idea, but if the log flume queued near Fury then RRR could stay full length. Share resources, i.e. water treatment, pumps, etc. Plus a log flume through the tree tops would be great and if done correctly could enhance RRR's scenery.

That'd be great then.
By uscbandfan
sv18 wrote:Cedar Fair replaces Nighthawk with a B&M flyer, not a dive. It'd be great going over the lake.

IF they leave the lake. It would seem that the more they play around with that area, the more of the lake that disappears.

I would LOVE to have a flyer there. They need to EXPAND the lake no matter what they do. Build the flyer OVER the lake. Would be VERY cool. :thumbup:
By sv18
uscbandfan wrote:
sv18 wrote:Cedar Fair replaces Nighthawk with a B&M flyer, not a dive. It'd be great going over the lake.

IF they leave the lake. It would seem that the more they play around with that area, the more of the lake that disappears.

I would LOVE to have a flyer there. They need to EXPAND the lake no matter what they do. Build the flyer OVER the lake. Would be VERY cool. :thumbup:

Yeah, hopefully they leave the lake there. It'd be like Manta going over the lake. Has Cedar Fair ever added a B&M flyer to any of their parks?
By cwgator
sv18 wrote:Yeah, hopefully they leave the lake there. It'd be like Manta going over the lake. Has Cedar Fair ever added a B&M flyer to any of their parks?

Nope.

There are only 11 in the world; 5 are in the USA. 4 of those are at Six Flags parks.
By Cameron
I doubt they'd remove a flyer for a flyer. If nighthawk and vortex ever get the axe I'm willing to bet a wing coaster will take that spot. Unless we get one before that happens.
By sv18
Cameron wrote:I doubt they'd remove a flyer for a flyer. If nighthawk and vortex ever get the axe I'm willing to bet a wing coaster will take that spot. Unless we get one before that happens.

The wing coaster I would want is a launched one.
By Crave
Perhaps the wish list thread is the best place for this.

I wish they would move the camera facing the new construction. Cleaning the lens cover and shading it from the sun would be great, but I'd settle for simply moving the camera to frame the new construction area properly.
By coasterbruh
It's something going on they don't need us seeing . . . :shh: :thumbup: :wave: