General Carowinds discussion
If you do go then, you will manage to ride every ride multiple times if you so choose. Most rides should be walk-ons. Truly the best time to go to Carowinds.
By tydalton
just thought of a few more questions,
1. how much does the xtreme skyflyer cost ?
2. what is the best time to ride rip roarin' rapids ? and
3. would you reccomend renting a locker before riding rip roarin' rapids, and how much do said lockers cost to rent ?
1. Skyflyer cost either $15 a person, or for a group. It depends on what they are running at the time. On the less busy days, they are more likely to do the $15 a group.
2. Usually Rip Roarin Rappids do not open till noon (at least on less busy days). If you dont want to wait in too long of a line, ride it when it opens or before closing.
3. You can get a locker, I can't remember the exact prices for a locker for a day. I want to say they are around $10 or $15 for the day. When I have valuables, I put them into a bag and hold onto it. When you come across the part where one or some of the rides might go under the waterfall, I hand off the bag to one of the other riders who wont get wet from it.
By jay71400
tydalton wrote:For Down Under Thunder, i know that it's a four person water ride, but can u get on it if only three people are in a group ?

Yes you can, although if its busy they might put another single rider in your raft
By XoCIEoX
I have so much to say, but really don't want to bore anyone, or get off topic!

I'll start out by saying that I have really enjoyed this thread. I have been visiting Carowinds since around 1984, when I was only 1, and now get to bring my 3 kids to join in the fun!

We will be visiting the park in a few weeks, as we do every year for my son's birthday. I have already done the annual height measuring, and I have one that's "49 and one that's "51.....and another that will be left with her grandparents for the day!

Looks like it will be another year before my sons can enjoy Windseeker, but at least they are pumped for Thunder Road, and even The Hurler!

Any suggestions on fun things to do with them? (games, shops, food, riding in different sections of a coaster, etc.?)