General Carowinds discussion
Tosu97 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:For what it's worth the writing on the map appears to be in Portuguese.

You are right! dia nova translates to "new day"

I just can't make out what the rest of the letters are.

I'll be there tomorrow and make sure to take a close up and type the words up for us here at CC to know what it says.
Jonathan wrote:Can anyone tell if the mysterious tunnel is on those? Doesn't look like it to me but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

I appears to me that the tunnel goes under the "Lateral Entrance Axis". It would make sense I guess.
FamousAmos wrote:
goldsteh wrote:Promotion and teasing has begun!

I think that this "8th wonder of the world" is implying that it will indeed be a "destination coaster" :D

And a world record, being the 7 wonders are in a class by themselves. So 325 must be the magic number. It can't be a world record unless it is taller, faster, or longer than Steel Dragon.
Exactly. Several pages ago, Jarsh mentioned something about the Charlotte Motor Speedway. I wonder if that is the length of the coaster. We can't tell the length by the plans, because of the hills and such. I am still hoping for the 325 feet tall. Finally, B&M tops Millennium Force if it is 325'.
FamousAmos wrote:Exactly. Several pages ago, Jarsh mentioned something about the Charlotte Motor Speedway. I wonder if that is the length of the coaster.

Charlotte Motor Speedway is 7,920 feet long, Steel Dragon 2000 is 8,133 feet long. I'm pretty sure this coaster won't be setting any world records regarding length.
I still think that it will be a B&M, but the blueprints do look a little more like an Intamin giga IMO. I guess we will just have to see where the track in Ohio goes.

Most likely situation:
Red: Holiday World
Teal: China
Yellow: Carowinds

But what if Holiday World and China get the teal and yellow? There's no way Carowinds would make our giga red. Then the GP would just think it's another Intimidator, and it wouldn't be marketable. Another color of track is probably inside the warehouse, but what if Cedar Fair surprises us with an Intamin giga?
FamousAmos wrote:All I can say is someone should look up what manufacturers work for Intamin and just do some spying. So what color should I make the track in my concept? Any ideas? Any wishes?

I'm beginning to have second thoughts as well since there is little to be seen in Ohio that suggests a giga. I was sure the white was ours until last week. I really can't see CF doing another red or orange for Carowinds.
ReillyK721 wrote:Most likely situation:
Red: Holiday World
Teal: China
Yellow: Carowinds?

Red: Efteling dive coaster
Teal: unaccounted for, but it a "hanging" coaster
Yellow: China flyer