General Carowinds discussion
By CPFriedman
Harmony Hall Sneak Peak from Carowinds' Twitter!
By Rosko97
Well now that we know the last burden of the 2014 season will finally be open, maybe the park will take Friday as the day to begin the teasing....is anybody going to the park that day?
The original Harmony Hall had a stage show on it, with singing (it was country and western themed)... this was still going on in the 90's, not sure when they changed it.

I like that they revived the name, but it doesn't make as much sense as a food pavillion...
By Jarsh
LyonsRonnie1 wrote:The original Harmony Hall had a stage show on it, with singing (it was country and western themed)... this was still going on in the 90's, not sure when they changed it.

I like that they revived the name, but it doesn't make as much sense as a food pavillion...

This version is suppose to have a stage for shows as well. Similar to Fest Haus at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
By goldsteh
Jay wrote:Yep I'll be there Friday as well, so I'll probably have a ton of pictures to show on Friday night. :mrgreen:

I will be there on Friday as well. Opening through about 2pm. Love to finally meet some people from the group if it can be arranged.
By Merthecat
goldsteh wrote:
Jay wrote:Yep I'll be there Friday as well, so I'll probably have a ton of pictures to show on Friday night. :mrgreen:

I will be there on Friday as well. Opening through about 2pm. Love to finally meet some people from the group if it can be arranged.

I'm not sure what time I'll be there...most likely from lunchtime until near closing time.
Jarsh wrote:
LyonsRonnie1 wrote:The original Harmony Hall had a stage show on it, with singing (it was country and western themed)... this was still going on in the 90's, not sure when they changed it.

This version is suppose to have a stage for shows as well. Similar to Fest Haus at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

That makes much more sense, then! I can't remember, could you eat in the OLD Harmony Hall? I seem to remember the seating was at seperate tables, so maybe that was the whole thing then too. I only went to it once and wasn't really into it at the time.
By Tosu97
I was at the park yesterday and there seems to be some serious digging going on right on the edge of the path/wood fence. Perhaps this is just former foundation work from the go-kart track and it's station but maybe not.

Also I got a ride in on the Surfer's Swell. It is decent and a big hit in Boomerang Bay.