General Carowinds discussion
By Koallinbear
Kings Dominion simply doesn't deserve a hyper. It already has Intimidator 305 and Dominator. It just doesn't need one.
By gabed
^While a Hyper would be an odd addition to Kings Dominion after Intimidator 305, stranger things have happened...

Which happens to be right in front of...

By cwgator
I would say this is even stranger (tho yes I know the first ride is superior over the later):

This:

is across the pond from this:

at La Ronde.

If KD were to add a hyper/mega coaster it would most likely be Intamin...seeing as tho BGW is nearby. I don't see them doing that anytime soon. Then again...parks do things all the time out of the ordinary...or that don't fit the mold.
By gabed
^Now that, I have not seen before. I don't know the history of La Ronde very well, please tell me the SLC went in first or was at least used when it was installed. I can't imagine a park building a new SLC with a lovely B&M invert sitting close by.
By Chris
gabed wrote:^Now that, I have not seen before. I don't know the history of La Ronde very well, please tell me the SLC went in first or was at least used when it was installed. I can't imagine a park building a new SLC with a lovely B&M invert sitting close by.

B&M: 2002
SLC: 2010
By cwgator
gabed wrote:^Now that, I have not seen before. I don't know the history of La Ronde very well, please tell me the SLC went in first or was at least used when it was installed. I can't imagine a park building a new SLC with a lovely B&M invert sitting close by.

The SLC was originally at SF Astroworld until that park closed. Then it sat in storage at Great Escape from '05-'09 before being installed at La Ronde.
By Dom497
Jay wrote:
CPFriedman wrote:Couldn't this be part of something else... like a Hyper Coaster for Kings Dominion

Is that really a rumor? Seems like it would be a step backwards after I-305.

But I agree, lots of jumping to conclusions in the thread. I'm still very skeptical at the moment. But that being said it's definitely not an Inverted, Flying, or Dive coaster. A sit-down coaster hasn't been built in 6 years, and a stand-up hasn't been built in 15. So Hyper, Floorless or Wing are the only options left.

And again, I could only be seeing things that I want to see, but the pieces on the left here, look like they could form a nice looking overbanked turn....

If you look at that straight lift hill track piece to the right (the white one) you will see the attachment for a catwalk. Based of previous Wing Coasters, that is where the catwalks are attached (aka the white coaster is a Wing Coaster!)
By ReillyK721
Awesome that you were able to find that track, hopefully it's for our giga or whatever we get. Anyway, believe it or not, I'm moving to Switzerland this year. I'm going to go to school there for two years, then move back. Sadly, even though Switzerland has the HQs of the two biggest names in the coaster industry, B&M and Intamin, the country only has one real amusement park, Connyland. The park is pretty lame. It only has one coaster and it's a weird shuttle coaster made by a Russian manufacturer. Still, I'm thinking about going over and checking out the B&M and Intamin headquarters. Do you guys think there would be anything interesting there or would it just be an office building? I'm assuming that if I tried to talk to anyone there they probably wouldn't give me any useful information about future projects, but who knows. I'm going to be living in Bern, which is about an hour away from both. Do you guys think it would be worth my time to go over to one of the HQs and see if I can find anything interesting?
By MarkD
ReillyK721 wrote:Awesome that you were able to find that track, hopefully it's for our giga or whatever we get. Anyway, believe it or not, I'm moving to Switzerland this year. I'm going to go to school there for two years, then move back. Sadly, even though Switzerland has the HQs of the two biggest names in the coaster industry, B&M and Intamin, the country only has one real amusement park, Connyland. The park is pretty lame. It only has one coaster and it's a weird shuttle coaster made by a Russian manufacturer. Still, I'm thinking about going over and checking out the B&M and Intamin headquarters. Do you guys think there would be anything interesting there or would it just be an office building? I'm assuming that if I tried to talk to anyone there they probably wouldn't give me any useful information about future projects, but who knows. I'm going to be living in Bern, which is about an hour away from both. Do you guys think it would be worth my time to go over to one of the HQs and see if I can find anything interesting?

Hey, look at it this way. You are only 2 hours from Europa Park in Germany. I have been a couple times and absolutely Love that park.

Back on topic. Going to be a lot of track needed. Wonder if my relatives in Ohio can swing by sometime? Hmm.
By Jay
Still, I'm thinking about going over and checking out the B&M and Intamin headquarters. Do you guys think there would be anything interesting there or would it just be an office building? I'm assuming that if I tried to talk to anyone there they probably wouldn't give me any useful information about future projects, but who knows.

Yeah I would advise against visiting. They are nondescript offices in nondescript office parks. It's not like a car dealership where they have a showroom and salesmen. It's a very small group of engineers and draftsmen in an office, I doubt they would say anything to you except "leave."

That said, even though Switzerland may not have any (good) parks, all the surrounding countries (France, Germany, Italy, Austria) have a bunch of great parks. I hear Europe has an extensive train system, so visit www.rcdb.com and get planning! I'm super jealous.
By Jarsh
Dom497 wrote:If you look at that straight lift hill track piece to the right (the white one) you will see the attachment for a catwalk. Based of previous Wing Coasters, that is where the catwalks are attached (aka the white coaster is a Wing Coaster!)

All of B&M's lift pieces have those spots for catwalk attachment, regardless of what type they are. Here's a pic of Leviathan and it certainly isn't a wing coaster.

http://rcdb.com/10108.htm?p=37267