General Carowinds discussion
By aoriole19
I agree that they really shouldn't cater to families/children. They may have a few complaints from dumb parents, but if they really emphasize that SCarowinds is intense/scary/not suitable for children, then really it's not their fault. They may lose some visitors but I think they would gain a lot more. I don't think they should put an explicit restriction on age though! I have personally always loves scary things. I watched Saw when I was 8 (love those movies!!!), and I've been going to SCarowinds since age 12 or earlier. However at age 19 I know some college students who would hate anything as scary as SCarowinds! So age isn't really a factor, it just depends on the person and what they like.

Personally I think there should be more scharactors walking around the park/anywhere not in mazes, but the general park areas don't have to be TOO scary. Maybe just a little more than it is now would be good. The mazes, though, could be WAY scarier. Reasoning: If there's someone who doesn't like being scared at all, they shouldn't come to SCarowinds at all. If someone likes stuff a little scary but not too scary, they could just walk around the park and ride rides, and avoid the mazes. But I feel that there are a lot of people who would enjoy really scary things (myself included!), and they can do the mazes!
By TheCoasterMan1
I feel like if you add more mazes you won't have to shove large groups of people in at a time. The more mazes you have the shorter the line for each maze. Scarowinds has lost many of the great mazes and haven't added any to replace them. I go to Scarowinds just to say I went and it's normally with a group of friends. I don't go to get scared because I know that it's not going to happen. I don't care to really complain about Scarowinds because I don't get my hopes up that it will be scary so therefore I keep my expecations low and I have nothing to complain about.
By mightyray23
Mike posted a pic of a barber or dentist chair on Twitter and it has to be for our haunt...Maybe we are getting not one but "two" mazes this year mates, because the maze mike was walking thru on periscope had a tottally different feel...Somthing is getting my hopes up for this year :clap:
By cmatthews195
TheCoasterMan1 wrote:I feel like if you add more mazes you won't have to shove large groups of people in at a time. The more mazes you have the shorter the line for each maze. Scarowinds has lost many of the great mazes and haven't added any to replace them. I go to Scarowinds just to say I went and it's normally with a group of friends. I don't go to get scared because I know that it's not going to happen. I don't care to really complain about Scarowinds because I don't get my hopes up that it will be scary so therefore I keep my expecations low and I have nothing to complain about.

The cattle call experience is not for me. From the many, many NC area haunts I've been too, I can tell you that if Scarowinds added more mazes, maybe sold less tickets, and reduced the cattle call feel, it could be good. But thats not going to happen.
By coaster129
SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!
By mightyray23
I hope they have an outside portion too kind of like at Knotts(doubt it would be like Knotts) but I would like to start on the outside of the Red Ribbon meat company then as you make your way inside it gets bloodier in every room :thumbup:
By shane235
Oh no, it's back. That's the only maze that I have ever been through and it scarred me for life (I was 7). :crazy:
By coaster129
shane235 wrote:Oh no, it's back. That's the only maze that I have ever been through and it scarred me for life (I was 7). :crazy:

I was 7 when I first went to Scarowinds, and that one was my favorite.