General Carowinds discussion
If you register online, you can do it as late as the morning of just so long as you print off and bring your temporary membership card. Just don't register as a member with the intentions of becoming one and then forget. I'd hate to have to break some kneecaps at check-in. :-)
Update: We're finalizing pricing and getting approval for the event schedule right now. It shouldn't be too much longer before we have the official event flier ready for everyone! We are also working on a discount for cabana rental for those who might be interested in getting one for the day.
We have worked out a deal with Carowinds to offer cabanas at Boomerang Bay for $110 each (includes tax) during our Max Cannon Coaster Classic event on Sunday, July 26. If you would like to reserve a cabana, please email me at jherrington@aceonline.org and I will send you the form to fill out and send back to me. Due to the fact that the cabanas sell out in advance, I have set a deadline of Saturday, July 11 as the last day that I will accept any money for cabana reservations!

And yes, we are still working with the park on a schedule for the event. We know it’s getting close and we hope to have something very soon!
Is that really that much of a deal?

Weekend Cabana Rentals
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays / Prices as low as $114.99 per cabana
Have a large group? We offer multiple cabanas at a volume discount, as low as $80.49 per cabana!

Gold & Platinum Season Pass Special Cabana Rentals
Special rates as low as $110.49 per cabana
Have a large group? We offer multiple cabanas at a volume discount, as low as $50.57 per cabana for Season Pass Holders!

To anyone who has ever gotten a cabana before, are these things worth it?
Jonathan wrote:Is that really that much of a deal?

Weekend Cabana Rentals
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays / Prices as low as $114.99 per cabana
Have a large group? We offer multiple cabanas at a volume discount, as low as $80.49 per cabana!

Gold & Platinum Season Pass Special Cabana Rentals
Special rates as low as $110.49 per cabana
Have a large group? We offer multiple cabanas at a volume discount, as low as $50.57 per cabana for Season Pass Holders!

To anyone who has ever gotten a cabana before, are these things worth it?

I rented one last year on a Saturday. It was cool to have a place to your own kinda like a home base but the problem is they are tucked away in the very back of the waterpark. If you stay at the wave pool all day it is good but it is a long walk on the hot pavement to go anywhere else. $50 is worth it but $100+ is not a very good deal.
If you are a season passholder the deal isn't any different that what you would normally get. I was hoping for the $50 deal, but I'm guessing those involve renting nearly every damn cabana there or bringing in a group of 1000+ get that offer. At any rate, it is a $15~$20 discount over what they normally charge folks.

As far as them being worth it - I think they are. It's nice to have a place to pile all your stuff and just come and go all day. Yes, it's like paying $110 for a locker, but it's a locker you can sit in, lol.
Hmm, my problem with the waterpark lockers is the waterpark is only open 8 hours, there is still up to 4 more hours that I may need a locker. It appears Canada's Wonderland found a good solution for their visitors. For the price Carowinds wants I feel that the Cabanas present a similar issue. I guess no one would like a cabana looking towards Fury 325?

^Hey Jon, Emerald Pointe has free wait(ress) service to their cabanas! The booze isn't free but they will bring it right to you! Checking Carowinds.com now.
The event flier is finished and has been sent off for uploading. I'll post a link once everything goes live!

In the mean time, here is a snapshot of the flier for those with questions about the event.

Hm. Now to decide whether or not to do the drive down early Sunday morning and stay just that night, or get down there Saturday and stay both nights. Decisions, decisions.
Yep.

The "With Pass" rate just means you will not receive a ticket to get in. If you have your own means whether it be a season pass or an unused day ticket, you can register at this rate.