General Carowinds discussion
Just a heads up, Josh... The ACE calendar has the date wrong (listed as Saturday, instead of Sunday). http://my.aceonline.org/events/event_details.asp?id=598559&group=

Also, can someone explain the scavenger hunt? I know how scavenger hunts work, but what kind of stuff are we looking for in this one?
Last edited by Chris on July 17th, 2015, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for the heads up. I fired off an email to get it corrected.

In the past, our scavenger hunt is usually a picture scavenger hunt. We take random pictures of each of the letters of the alphabet and you have to guess where they are.
I recall afew that Max came up with. Those where some interesting hunts. Will be strange going to this and not see good old Max. I recall when he came up with the idea of an event at Carowinds. He talked about it to afew folks and recall those talks.
I think I still have some in some old emails from him. I'm gonna dig around tonight and see if I can find them. I still remember one question that was on there several years back about how many squares were on top of Drop Zone, lol.
Let's say I register and pay for this event online, but for some reason I have to cancel. Will there be a "last resort" day that we would be able to get our money back? My friend and I are planning to come, but it could change.
Question. Last year I know the Comfort Inn was offering reduced rates during the weekend of the event.. I know that compared to last year we are still in busy season, but are they doing anything like that this year for attendees?

I could've sworn that something was mentioned about this already but couldn't find anything. Or maybe I just thought I saw something.
carowindsman6654 wrote:If I am not an ACE member but am a season pass holder, can I still go and just put your name Jarsh as the guest of like with past ACE events?

Yep.

FamousAmos wrote:Let's say I register and pay for this event online, but for some reason I have to cancel. Will there be a "last resort" day that we would be able to get our money back? My friend and I are planning to come, but it could change.

There is no refund after the event deadlines. Unfortunately it has to be this way because once the deadline ends, we have to call the park and pay for everything.

ColetD wrote:Question. Last year I know the Comfort Inn was offering reduced rates during the weekend of the event.. I know that compared to last year we are still in busy season, but are they doing anything like that this year for attendees?

I could've sworn that something was mentioned about this already but couldn't find anything. Or maybe I just thought I saw something.

I am working on something. Give me till the end of this week to finalize.
Reminder: The postmarking deadline is Monday, July 13 and the online registration deadline is Friday, July 17!
My wife and I are planning on coming to this, it will be our first coaster enthusiast event. Is there a packet pickup option in case we aren't there by 8:30? We have passes, so admission won't be an issue. Planning to register online this week.

Thanks!
Any registration packets not picked up at check-in will be left at the Will Call window at the park. They will be available for pick up there until around 5:00pm the day of.