General Carowinds discussion
By arby
Tonight there is a concert for Joy Fest. Any time I have been to a concert at Carowinds, they have had to use the grass area for overflow parking. That's why we didn't go anywhere near the park today.
By pproteinc
Well the south parking lot is herringbone good usage today. You would think the park is crowded don't get me wrong there's a heavy crowd today but 85% of the people are part of the herd that you have to push your way thru that are trying finale it to the waterpark lol
By Tosu97
Since they are apparently tearing out all of County Fair next year they do whatever they are doing and still keep that parking lot back by TR next year. And it looks like they still need it from time to time.
By pproteinc
Well I'm here! Intimidator and Nighthawk are not running at the moment. Both lines are outside the quene. I'm currently in line for nighthawk right next to skytower. When I pulled in Afterburn was stopped on the lift hill. All three still in test mode.

I don't think it's going to be as bad this year until after 2. York county schools are in session today for a make up snow day.

Here's the skytower. Looks like they've replaced the glass and the bench. They are currently repainting the inside wall and trims.
Attachments
Last edited by pproteinc on May 25th, 2015, 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Jonathan
Anyone know why the park opens at 9 the next four days? I'm hoping the place will be completely dead tomorrow but that 9 am opening makes me think there's some special event going on I'm not aware of.
By Sean978
Jonathan wrote:Anyone know why the park opens at 9 the next four days? I'm hoping the place will be completely dead tomorrow but that 9 am opening makes me think there's some special event going on I'm not aware of.

I believe that's just part of the new "Extended Hours" they advertised earlier this season.