General Carowinds discussion
By Glitch99
phareous wrote:
Distopia wrote:Kiddyhawk will be closed too.

Too bad that's not permanent

Kiddyhawk is a good step-up coaster from Woodstock Express. It'd be hard to get rid of that, without lowering the height requirement on something else like Goldrush. It pretty much sucks for adults, but it's not really for adults.
By phareous
Glitch99 wrote:
phareous wrote:
Distopia wrote:Kiddyhawk will be closed too.

Too bad that's not permanent

Kiddyhawk is a good step-up coaster from Woodstock Express. It'd be hard to get rid of that, without lowering the height requirement on something else like Goldrush. It pretty much sucks for adults, but it's not really for adults.

Except for when you have to ride with your child and end up with a concussion... ;)
By ikaelamay
Thanks for the help you've provided already! We decided to go on the 18th, as recommended.

What is the current wisdom about what to ride first? I know it used to be Nighthawk due to the slow load times. Has anything changed this season because of CS?
By arby
Back to the log flume discussion, Carowinds has actually looked at bringing back a log flume. However, they found that a new one costs about the same as adding a major roller coaster.

I can't say that we will never get one again, but that's why one hasn't been added since the old one was taken out.
By gabed
cadi40 wrote:Fury still has it's title as the longest Giga Coaster :D

Does it though?
By BelowThePeak
I went to the park today to pay my respects to Dinosaurs Alive, and I also rode a few coasters while I was there. And wow, the operations on Intimidator were horrible. 5+ minutes for every dispatch, so what was a two-train wait for the front row ended up taking 15 minutes (not to mention another 5 minutes of my train just sitting on the brake run). Carowinds really needs to step up its game with Intimidator; I feel like even Nighthawk had better operations this morning, from what I could see.

On the plus side, I finally got a front row ride on Copperhead Strike, and it's a whole different animal in the front. The "pops" of airtime feel so much more forceful. It's definitely become my #2 in the park behind Fury.
By Coasterphreak
It's possible they were having technical or mechanical issues. I know the last couple years they definitely seemed to have a late season problem getting the restraint sensors to properly read as locked and the ride won't dispatch without a green board so it's literally "Unlocking 4!" *recloses restraint* "Train locked!" ... "Unlocking 4!" ad infinitum until the sensor reads right so they can cycle.
By cwgator
cadi40 wrote:Fury still has it's title as the tallest, fastest and longest Giga Coaster :D

False on the bold word (longest), unless you mean outside of Japan at least (Steel Dragon 2000 has held the "longest giga" title since it opened in August 2000).

If you mean just among Cedar Fair Parks, North America, or the Western Hemisphere, then yes, that statement would be correct.
By dirkdiggler1992
Apologies if this has already been discussed. The new parking expansion has caused the first point of exitry to be blocked off. Even for a Sunday the line to leave is crazy long to get out the one exit. It’ll be interesting if they can find another exit point by the time Scarowinds rolls around.