General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
A destination park and a multi-day park are two completely different things. Carowinds has been a destination park since 2015
By tarheel1231
I see no reason why they have to be mutually exclusive. Cedar Point is an amusement destination that takes more than one day to completely explore.
By RollerBee
Cedar Point has Lake Erie and it’s beach to draw visitors in addition to the park.

Carowinds has Fury 325 and Intimidator, the rest of the park is just “meh”. Outside of the park one could count Cabelas as a draw but that to me is pushing the bounds of attracting tourists.
By gabed
For me, a destination park is any park that has an attraction so spectacular it warrants making a massive journey for. In our case this would be Fury. A multi-day park is a park so large and so full of these spectacular attractions that it takes more than one day to fully experience. It’s a rectangle-square type of thing. All multi-day parks are destination parks, but not all destination parks are multi-Day parks. If that makes any sense.

cadi40 wrote:I think the city of Charlotte is also a draw.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this city. It’s been my home all my life and I take a lot of pride in it. That said, Charlotte is a business city, not a tourist draw. Unless you REALLY like NASCAR, there’s not a lot for you. The state of NC as a whole is a different story though.
By cadi40
gabed wrote:For me, a destination park is any park that has an attraction so spectacular it warrants making a massive journey for. In our case this would be Fury. A multi-day park is a park so large and so full of these spectacular attractions that it takes more than one day to fully experience. It’s a rectangle-square type of thing. All multi-day parks are destination parks, but not all destination parks are multi-Day parks. If that makes any sense.

cadi40 wrote:I think the city of Charlotte is also a draw.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this city. It’s been my home all my life and I take a lot of pride in it. That said, Charlotte is a business city, not a tourist draw. Unless you REALLY like NASCAR, there’s not a lot for you. The state of NC as a whole is a different story though.

There’s many things to do, I’m not going to lie and say it’s at the level of Orlando, But it has quite a few of attractions. It has NASCAR, Great Wolf Lodge, Shopping Options, White water rafting center, Lakes, Muesums, Some of the countries best dining (voted by yelp) and many other things to do.
By tarheel1231
^^ Charlotte has some tourist attractions but the city in and of itself is not a big tourist draw. Cities worth visiting on their own have had years to build to establish an identity, whereas Charlotte has only really seen a major population increase within the last 4 to 5 decades. It holds little to no historical or cultural significance in the United States.
By coasterbruh
pproteinc wrote:
carolinaman wrote:Do-Si-Do has a light package now

Most likely all white. Well at least it has a light package now.

So we're not gonna hear a PEEP out of you now right???
By cadi40
tarheel1231 wrote:^^ Charlotte has some tourist attractions but the city in and of itself is not a big tourist draw. Cities worth visiting on their own have had years to build to establish an identity, whereas Charlotte has only really seen a major population increase within the last 4 to 5 decades. It holds little to no historical or cultural significance in the United States.

Judging that it was incorporated in 1768 I think it has plenty of History, just not a lot of it is left. It also has plenty of Culture, Granted is it a NYC? No, But it’s not irrelevant or has no significant value to the US.
By carolinaman
coasterbruh wrote:
pproteinc wrote:
carolinaman wrote:Do-Si-Do has a light package now

Most likely all white. Well at least it has a light package now.

So we're not gonna hear a PEEP out of you now right???

PEEP
By KIJester
Not necessarily tourist related, but here are the numbers from both Charlotte and the State of NC for Millennial migration. While I know that not all of them will stay in Charlotte or the necessarily the state itself, it's great to know that the ones that do may end up with families and that could have a great impact on Carowinds future growth as our city/state expands.
source: smartasset.com
Attachments