General Carowinds discussion
#83377
tylerSC wrote:Why was Cedar Point announcement delayed, and what is it expected to be? Something similar to plants and zombies theme?


Due to the fatal accident with Raptor, and suppose to be the dive coaster.

v Understandable. Oh and I'm not mad at all I like debates. lol
Last edited by pproteinc on August 27th, 2015, 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#83378
pproteinc wrote:
fishels wrote:
pproteinc wrote:I swear you cant please everybody. Smh. I dont know why peaople expect to get some high thrill ride every year when there are multi demographics to address in the park. Everybody are not thrill junkies a park gets a high thrill ride one year more than likely the next year would be a kids or waterpark expansion. In this case waterpark that stretches to all demographics from infants to seniors. Great job Carowinds. Who said that they were replacing Thunder Road next year? Not a soul. Maybe in 2017 or 2018. Chill. Dont like dont come. Simple. :roll: :wave:

Am I the only one excited about the Harbor House Restaurant? Lol Got my meal plan I'm ready. Seafood freak here.

Cant wait for October now.

I like water parks so It's not about that. I knew what was coming as far as it being not high thrill. The slide complex is completely unoriginal and the attractions just don't look all that fun. Everything else space wise was wasted(stuff we already had). if you are gonna tear down a ride like TR you are gonna face some backlash for the decision, especially if it's not for a good reason. It's a great reason for them money wise but I expected this water park expansion to really wow me. I'm lining their pockets just like you and the general public so I have a right to speak my mind(as do you) so forgive us if we aren't exactly the most happy people right now(go check Facebook). no idea why the plants vs zombies thing is later on.


Do get me wrong I dont do water parks at all, maybe once a year to get me little fill like I will next year. If anything I'll be over there eating at the Harbor House lol. I mean what do you expect concerning the slides. Looks to me it's a chain thing all parks get one, as like the Windseekers and DA attractions. Updating is not a bad thing, the new play house was MUCH needed, bigger and better, and all they did was move the old wave pool to make way for what it looks like the all new play pad garden for the tiny tots. Families have more to do. Obviously TR had something going on which warranted its removal. Was I upset yea. Im still grasping the fact Rebel Yell and The Racer are still rolling to this day. You cant get mad at Carowinds tho. I feel Paramount might have put more work into maintaining the older versions so Cedar Fair was left with the monstrosity of trying to get TR to where it needs to be and came to the conclusion even after a rebuild that its sucking the funds away so it had to go. IDK just my thought process. By all means speak you mind, you have that freedom. Why be mad or unhappy when the park is going in a great direction and obviously you know headquarters are going to continue to poor new and exciting things into the park?

Because like I said. I expected way more than one slide complex or atleast to have it somewhat spread out. The walk the plank thing needed to be like daredevil drop at EM. I feel like I'm going to be totally bored over there next year. Already have a wave pool, already have a splash bucket thing. It's great that the little kids have their little area though. I feel like if they are going to go and remove TR and have their own entrance....then they better go all out with water rides. IMO, I say again IMO, it's a huge waste of space for another wave pool when that could be more slides. It also doesn't look like there will be any room for any kind of coaster in this area that is significant in the future. I'm really sorry if that made people angry what I said, but I feel like I just got slapped across the face. And again I know you guys make fun of FB comments and sometimes how dumb and hilarious they can be, but they are the GP and a lot of them ain't happy either. Of course this is going to make tons and tons of money though(something TR wasn't doing at all) I can't fault them for that. I just really expected them to go " ALL OUT" with the way they have been hyping this expansion.
#83380
pproteinc wrote:^ Understandable. Oh and I'm not mad at all I like debates. lol


tylerSC wrote:Why was Cedar Point announcement delayed, and what is it expected to be? Something similar to plants and zombies theme?


Due to the fatal accident with Raptor, and suppose to be the dive coaster.

Yep.. Rip very sad.
#83381
pproteinc wrote:^ Understandable. Oh and I'm not mad at all I like debates. lol


tylerSC wrote:Why was Cedar Point announcement delayed, and what is it expected to be? Something similar to plants and zombies theme?


Due to the fatal accident with Raptor, and suppose to be the dive coaster.


Forgot about that accident. But at least it was not a malfunction of the ride, however tragic it may be. As for a dive coaster, that certainly would have made a big splash at Carowinds, with parts of the track over water like in Tampa. But I guess not our turn for another big coaster just yet.
#83382
I don't think this was mentioned yet, so...

NEW EXIT ON PLEASANT ROAD

Due to the size of the expansion, construction crews are already hard at work to ensure Carolina Harbor is ready for our guests in the spring of 2016. Every historic expansion must start somewhere, and ours started with a new four-lane exit onto Pleasant Road.

In addition to our new waterpark entrance, which will provide guests direct and convenient entry, we are also building a four-lane exit to improve traffic flow out of the park. Guests will enter the park as they currently do via Avenue of the Carolinas, but can now exit onto Pleasant Road, which is already equipped with a four-way stop and traffic lights.
#83383
Anyone who feels 'slapped across the face' by their hobby is doing it wrong. :roll:

The GP can complain all they want. Just as many complain about Fury. And yet Carowinds is expanding and growing and changing and making $$$.

Having an opinion is one thing. Whining and acting like you've been disrespected is ridiculous.
#83384
Edwardo wrote:Anyone who feels 'slapped across the face' by their hobby is doing it wrong. :roll:

The GP can complain all they want. Just as many complain about Fury. And yet Carowinds is expanding and growing and changing and making $$$.

Having an opinion is one thing. Whining and acting like you've been disrespected is ridiculous.

You don't have to be rude towards other people ya know. :? . I give them my money and I can feel however I wanna feel. If you truly believe what you just said you should talk to more fan bases with hobbies. Plenty feel and do worse than anything I've said. I'm sorry that some of us expected more when a beloved and iconic ride was torn down. I'm trying to remain optimistic and move on... But comments like yours don't help... At all. And don't pretend the GP complained about Fury When it was announced. There was nothing but excitement on that Facebook page then.... Go look now. Now if people stop bringing up my earlier comments we can all move on.
#83385
The person with a problem moving on is you. You want to come in and have everyone agree with you and no one voice a dissenting opinion. This is a discussion forum. If you're really so affected by a hobby that you feel 'slapped in the face', then I feel you have way deeper problems than a coaster being torn down and a water park being expanded. There are far more important things to be upset about.

Everyone gets on facebook and complains every year. And the park has yet to close.

You can feel however you want. But if you come in here to talk about it, you have to expect other people will have a different opinion to express.
#83386
The event was awesome today, I am pretty sure I spotted several of y'all there today. I enjoyed the preview of the new show, and thought the expansion plans were fantastic. Food wasn't all that, but my 15 rides in a row on Intimidator made up for it.
#83388
fishels wrote:
Edwardo wrote:Anyone who feels 'slapped across the face' by their hobby is doing it wrong. :roll:

The GP can complain all they want. Just as many complain about Fury. And yet Carowinds is expanding and growing and changing and making $$$.

Having an opinion is one thing. Whining and acting like you've been disrespected is ridiculous.

You don't have to be rude towards other people ya know. :? . I give them my money and I can feel however I wanna feel. If you truly believe what you just said you should talk to more fan bases with hobbies. Plenty feel and do worse than anything I've said. I'm sorry that some of us expected more when a beloved and iconic ride was torn down. I'm trying to remain optimistic and move on... But comments like yours don't help... At all. And don't pretend the GP complained about Fury When it was announced. There was nothing but excitement on that Facebook page then.... Go look now. Now if people stop bringing up my earlier comments we can all move on.

When Fury was announced, people complained about Carowinds not having any family rides and Fury not going upside down. And let's not forget that one lady who's too scared to ride it or Intimidator because they're "too high."

I think the expansion looks great. Those of you who were expecting more have to remember that even something like this is in the ballpark of $15-$17 million. They aren't going to have a World-class water park overnight. However, this is a great start! :thumbup:
#83389
Edwardo wrote:The person with a problem moving on is you. You want to come in and have everyone agree with you and no one voice a dissenting opinion. This is a discussion forum. If you're really so affected by a hobby that you feel 'slapped in the face', then I feel you have way deeper problems than a coaster being torn down and a water park being expanded. There are far more important things to be upset about.

Everyone gets on facebook and complains every year. And the park has yet to close.

You can feel however you want. But if you come in here to talk about it, you have to expect other people will have a different opinion to express.

When have I expressed any ill will towards the opinions of others?the only comments with the exception of the "Rome wasn't built in a day" or the ones that accuse me of whining "you can't please everyone" sort of nature. My last comment on the subject of my disappointment was somebody replying to ME about ME being disappointed. I belong to many hobbies and I can't count the number of times somebody has used the phrase "slapped across the face". I would tell you to get more hobbies, but that would be rude and it would be me making assumptions about someone I don't know :D .
Last edited by fishels on August 27th, 2015, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#83390
tarheel1231 wrote:
fishels wrote:
Edwardo wrote:Anyone who feels 'slapped across the face' by their hobby is doing it wrong. :roll:

The GP can complain all they want. Just as many complain about Fury. And yet Carowinds is expanding and growing and changing and making $$$.

Having an opinion is one thing. Whining and acting like you've been disrespected is ridiculous.

You don't have to be rude towards other people ya know. :? . I give them my money and I can feel however I wanna feel. If you truly believe what you just said you should talk to more fan bases with hobbies. Plenty feel and do worse than anything I've said. I'm sorry that some of us expected more when a beloved and iconic ride was torn down. I'm trying to remain optimistic and move on... But comments like yours don't help... At all. And don't pretend the GP complained about Fury When it was announced. There was nothing but excitement on that Facebook page then.... Go look now. Now if people stop bringing up my earlier comments we can all move on.

When Fury was announced, people complained about Carowinds not having any family rides and Fury not going upside down. And let's not forget that one lady who's too scared to ride it or Intimidator because they're "too high."

I think the expansion looks great. Those of you who were expecting more have to remember that even something like this is in the ballpark of $15-$17 million. They aren't going to have a World-class water park overnight. However, this is a great start! :thumbup:

:clap: You make some good points and I totally respect the way you bring your opinion across . I did forget that the expansion didn't have as much money behind it as I thought. My point about Fury was the vast majority were happy about it. I suppose the vast majority off Facebook are happy about this too. I really hope those new slides are fun and you are correct that they can always do more later. I really do think another wave pool is excessive but they can always make up for that with other slides.
Last edited by fishels on August 27th, 2015, 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#83391
It was great to meet you today, littlegiles! :wave:

While I'm not a water park person, I think this is a great move for Carowinds. Just like Fury 325 isn't a single step to move Carowinds into a destination park, this large water park expansion isn't either. Both of them are steps needed to improve the infrastructure and layout of Carowinds in order to make it really something in the upcoming years. Two thumbs up for a Carolina themed water park! :thumbup: :thumbup: BTW, this water park expansion will approximately double the capacity of the water park.

Right now, the water park expansion announcements will increase pass sales while people are thinking of the heat. I think the October announcement will be some kind of thrill flat ride/dark ride to put yet another boost in pass sales during the fall. Announcing it today would have overshadowed Carolina Harbor. I don't think it's a retheme of Boo Blasters as that wouldn't be worthy of a separate announcement. On the flip side, it's not another coaster. yet.

Regardless, if all these big moves pay off, like they appear that they will, we can expect to see Cedar Fair continue to invest a lot more money into Carowinds in the future. I'm excited to be witnessing all of this in my home park.

You all play nice so I don't have to start deleting stuff on my vacation day. :thumbup:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 61

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest