General Carowinds discussion
Double post . . .

Ok, so you all know Carowinds invited the media out on wed to give a live progress report of the highly anticipated Carolina Harbor water park expansion at Carowinds. The media was invited on a walking tour of all things Carolina Harbor, the new and the old. Not going to be much on words so i'm just gonna lay out some tidbits.

-This will be the largest water park (acreage wise) in the Carolinas.

-White Water West is providing all of the new hardware.

-The park has a deadline of may 1st to have everything ready and complete for inspection, certification and to get everything trained for the area.

-The older slides have painted supports because they are not galvanized steel as the newer slides are (hence why the older slides have painted supports and the slide duo complex of 13 and next years slide complex will not be painted.

-The bucket atop Seaside Splashworks is custom designed (as their is no "standard" size bucket) and intricately weighted to properly tilt and swing back and forth with little to no stress on the structure.

-The park is still looking to see what, if any, (live) entertainment product they will have inside Carolina Harbor.

I also asked about the about the lazy river, if it will ever be expanded. From the gist of things, it would be more feasible and financially sound to add an additional lazy river than to add on to the current.

Ok . . . on to the photos.

The lot is full of colorful slide pieces.

See . . .

Here is one of the larger props from the new Seaside Splashworks

In case you were wondering who is providing the hardware.

Some more props.

This is a first, being on ground level with these buckets . . . and as you can see they are HUGE!
Continued . . .
The highlight for the thrillseekers!

I have to say, the new paint looks great.

Here is where Seaside Splashworks will be located. That's a pretty big area.

If you look under the yellow umbrella, the current hardware will be leaving in favor of some newer, more fun elements.

This will be the new pumphouse for the new wave pool.

The new bathhouse is going to be really nice.

Overall, this expansion is coming out pretty good and I can't wait for next year to experience Carolina Harbor!
The one lap nazis need to disappear on the lazy river, Emerald Pointe will let you float for hours if not all day. Carowinds just about has a lifeguard shoving tubes out of the current. I remember when Paramount let you use the river as a means of floating from the back side of the waterpark to the front.....
I believe the 2nd station is going to be filled in to create a walkway to Blackbeard's Standard model waterslide complex.
RollerBee wrote:The one lap nazis need to disappear on the lazy river, Emerald Pointe will let you float for hours if not all day. Carowinds just about has a lifeguard shoving tubes out of the current. I remember when Paramount let you use the river as a means of floating from the back side of the waterpark to the front.....
I believe the 2nd station is going to be filled in to create a walkway to Blackbeard's Standard model waterslide complex.

Know what else is a standard model . . . Batman the ride, wild mouse coasters, and these new premier multi launched coasters. Not to mention your car so yeah, when you find something that works stick to it. If they are so standard . . . how many parks have you visited that had this oh-so-common complex?
Atleast the two Ricochets arent both the same, but Paramount wasn't trying to turn Carowinds into a flagship park either.

Also the two Pipeline Peaks shared a name but they are far from the same.
Last edited by RollerBee on December 19th, 2015, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're just being a crybaby troll like every park in the chain pulls from the exact same market. This isn't like having 2 mcdonalds across the street from each other.
coasterbruh wrote:You're just being a crybaby troll...

Now Jarvis, lay off. He can't take it and mods are tired of his reporting. He has very valid opinions or something.

Great report! I can't wait to go to the waterpark. The colors really PPP and the new theming looks really great. May can't get here soon enough!
pproteinc wrote:Great pictures Jarvis. question. Have they taken out the old tree house structure or will Carolina Harbor have two tree houses?

Yep! it will be two of them! The current one has a 300 gallon bucket, the new one will have a 400 gallon version!

Harbor house . . . heck, everything else in the water park other than the changing facility has a way to go but they have over 5 months to get it together. And with the weather we are having i would give 3 months! besides, all the vertical supports are done for Blackbeard's revenge!
As someone who is red-green colorblind, I am so happy they've painted the slides.
Everything looked so dull before, it's so exciting that now there's some actual color that pops even for me! It really improves the entire experience when they keep everything nice, shiny, and new looking.