General Carowinds discussion
By CCookieMonster
I can't tell if he's doing either. If we got a Vortex transformation or a new coaster, I don't think that would be all. We're still in the investment from Cedar Fair. Maybe along with the coaster stuff a new resort or a transportation ride like a chairlift or train, or maybe even a surprise family ride. Keep in mind what happened in 2015- Fury 325, slingshot, 900+ parking, and a new front gate.
By Edwardo
Why would they demolish the station when they haven't had to do that for two others? That's spending money that, again, has no return on investment. Having actually been on both Mantis and Rougarou, a new station isn't needed. The move away floor can Be installed.
By RRRAPIDS
I can definately see a Vortex transformation in 2018. I can also see Mack's new Spinning launched shuttle coaster in Thunder Roads old station area. There is plenty of room for that over there. It would even be better If they put it inside of a building. While we're at it, they can demolish YoYo and replace it with a Zamperla Windstarz/Aerozoom. Expand planet snoopy with 2 new rides (without removing anything)Then, That would be the best 2018 addition package.
By coasterbruh
Edwardo wrote:Why would they demolish the station when they haven't had to do that for two others? That's spending money that, again, has no return on investment. Having actually been on both Mantis and Rougarou, a new station isn't needed. The move away floor can Be installed.

what he said. There has been other conversions and the station didn't need to be torn down. Why would they change things and spend money things that don't matter. The floorless mechanism drops then rotates to vertical as it goes below the station. How would that reduce the station size? I just can't buy that and I'm not sure how rob decker would feel about him being quoted like that unofficially. We know how stuff like that can spread like wildfire on the net.
By Edwardo
I'll do you one better. I spoke to a contact that works at Cedar Fair's corporate office. Normally I wouldn't even be allowed to say as much but this isn't anything that could get back about them, so here's a copy and paste of the reaction to this thread:

"Yeah not exactly how that works...not sure where that came from...Decker doesn't have a blank check and doesn't just decide what he's going to do...budgets are planned and stuck to and there's no way they're going to spend the money to demolish a station for a brand new one...assuming the ride even gets converted ;)"
By Edwardo
On a sideline note, you can clearly see from photos that they simply removed sections of the concrete floor on Mantis to accommodate the drop down floor. Those raised B&M stations have concrete floors, but they're only thick enough to support the weight of the queue. I can't remember if they repoured the floor on Mantis or just cut out what they needed but the starion
Wasn't really altered much. I guess Patriot will be a more accurate representation of what happens if/when we get our conversion.
By FamousAmos
Speaking of Patriot and stations, why does it's station not have a roof? I can only imagine how hot it gets.
By Edwardo
Not completely uncommon. Whizzer at SFGAm doesn't (I can only assume the whizzer at CGA didnt either), Full Throttle isn't totally covered and plenty of euro coasters don't have them.
By FamousAmos
That section of the park was in dire need of a facelift. I personally can't wait to walk through there every day. It will have a much different appeal than it use to.
By pproteinc
Edwardo wrote:On a sideline note, you can clearly see from photos that they simply removed sections of the concrete floor on Mantis to accommodate the drop down floor. Those raised B&M stations have concrete floors, but they're only thick enough to support the weight of the queue. I can't remember if they repoured the floor on Mantis or just cut out what they needed but the starion
Wasn't really altered much. I guess Patriot will be a more accurate representation of what happens if/when we get our conversion.

With Mantis/Rogorou they just removed some concrete to accommodate the pull away floor and added, if I remember grip pads and repainted the lines and numbers for each lane.
By coasterbruh
But, those changes were made before Trump.
By coasterbruh
lol its about to be the best floorless coaster because we only do the best, they are they best at floorless coasters, gonna be big league the best!