General Carowinds discussion
By BS1983CLT
This thread is lacking.... Very disappointing. Especially since Scarowinds is just about a month away!

So 6 houses again... Blah, will we ever get more than 6?

I am curious to see where they put Bloodyard since the new County Fair won't have a scare zone.... Maybe by the entrance of the old White Water Falls?
By Danny Boy123
They should move the circus scare zone over to the new county fair area, especially since there weren't many props with that scare zone.
By tinotoot
Yeah, I also wish this thread wasn't so.....DEAD! (Pun intended!)
Anyways. I do feel like they might move Psycho Circus to County Fair, it's such a fitting area for it. In that case, do you think they'd move Bloodyard near Dark Harvest? Also, 6 mazes is pretty disappointing. One more would really just put the cherry on top! 6 Scare zones feels like way too many, too; I wish they had some more mazes to outnumber all of them. Most CF Haunts have about 3 or 4 zones. I feel like a lot of the zones are too close together too, like London Terror, Playground and Mass Acres are just right on top of each other. Just my opinion!
By pproteinc
From what I was told Bloodyard will be moved to Crossroads with Dark Harvest and the Skeleton Crew and Psycho Circus will be in the new county fair section. London Terror is being rethemed to Fleet Street (lmao ... that name just kills me) and may actually be placed in the midway under Nighthawk's lifthill. The question is this time next year where is Scary Tales going since that space will be occupied by the related ride.
By aoriole19
pproteinc wrote:From what I was told Bloodyard will be moved to Crossroads with Dark Harvest and the Skeleton Crew and Psycho Circus will be in the new county fair section. London Terror is being rethemed to Fleet Street (lmao ... that name just kills me) and may actually be placed in the midway under Nighthawk's lifthill. The question is this time next year where is Scary Tales going since that space will be occupied by the related ride.

It's been so long since I've been to Scarowinds that I didn't recognize a single one of those maze/scare zone names :shock:

I miss the one that was alien-themed. I don't remember its name but I think I only got to do it once before it closed, 5-10 years ago.
By carolinaman
So will Mass Acres stay in front of Boo Blasters being the Gazebo is there now? That is where the big Grim Reaper statue always stands.
By tinotoot
pproteinc wrote:From what I was told Bloodyard will be moved to Crossroads with Dark Harvest and the Skeleton Crew and Psycho Circus will be in the new county fair section. London Terror is being rethemed to Fleet Street (lmao ... that name just kills me) and may actually be placed in the midway under Nighthawk's lifthill. The question is this time next year where is Scary Tales going since that space will be occupied by the related ride.

That solves my nitpickiness of the zones being too close together, then! I'd like to see "Fleet Street" :lol: in the Nighthawk midway!
By tinotoot
aoriole19 wrote:

It's been so long since I've been to Scarowinds that I didn't recognize a single one of those maze/scare zone names :shock:

I miss the one that was alien-themed. I don't remember its name but I think I only got to do it once before it closed, 5-10 years ago.

Alien Annihilation I think! I never went because I was too young and scared then, but I remember hearing about that one.
By Mootoo27
Regarding mass acres the gazebo could be moved or they could put the grim reaper statue somewhere else. But mass acres was just lacking last year if they were to get rid of it then that could solve the problem of the traffic near there. It's well designed but it just feels like a crowded walkway to get to other scare zones like the playground or psycho circus. But that's just my opinion
By aoriole19
^^ Alien Annihilation sounds right. I want them to bring it back!
By tinotoot
A space/alien themed haunt sounds so cool. How come no one does these anymore? Anyways, we already know the maze won't involve aliens most likely..the shot they showed in a video was like..a kitchen counter? Do you think it's gonna be some kind of typical haunted house or a manor with a backstory? Or maybe..a dollhouse?
By Mootoo27
tinotoot wrote:A space/alien themed haunt sounds so cool. How come no one does these anymore? Anyways, we already know the maze won't involve aliens most likely..the shot they showed in a video was like..a kitchen counter? Do you think it's gonna be some kind of typical haunted house or a manor with a backstory? Or maybe..a dollhouse?

An alien themed maze would be great and hopefully next year we get something like that or something completely original. But this year is most likely going to be a new version of defex
By redrunner97
Does the park contract out to designers, use their own builders/landscapers, or do they ever just flat out buy their set pieces from Halloween stores?

Cur like 2-3 grand at Spirit Halloween, anyone could probably buy this entire "Astro Zombies"-esque set up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFkcICQsYdA

Also, why doesn't the chain go for any public domain movies as themes? It wouldn't involve any licensing fees and they could do anything from classic monsters to cult movies like pretty much anything done by Elvira or Mystery Science Theater 3K.

Manos: The Hands of Fate would hands-down be the most INSANE maze theme ever! :mrgreen:
By pproteinc
carolinaman wrote:So will Mass Acres stay in front of Boo Blasters being the Gazebo is there now? That is where the big Grim Reaper statue always stands.

Mass Acres is supposedly going at the front entrance as you walk into the park.