General Carowinds discussion
By Grobble
Coasterphreak wrote:Don't be surprised when you have to wait in line behind all of the other families that don't have any weekday holidays left before spring break.

If you're are returning Pass Holder you don't need to process unless you want to change your picture on file. I've had a platinum pass with CP as my home park and only processed the 1st year since they changed the Platinum pass. The actually processing was at KD and even then I submitted a picture on line, so it was just to pick up the actual physical pass.
By jjjones325
First year with a Season Pass. We started with Gold and did the all season dining and the all season drink plan add ons.

Decided we would visit the Ohio parks this summer, so of course we wanted to upgrade to Platinum. While in the park with my son, I stopped at customer service to ask how much it would be to upgrade to Platinum with the all season dining and drinks on that as well. Was told $178 each.

Yesterday was in the park to actually do the upgrade (since my wife was with us). Orange Shirt guy (who I assumed was some type of manager), said our price was around $211 each. I'm guessing we were charged another $30 for the an additional drink plan. I haven't seen anything about a separate Platinum drink plan like I see for Platinum meal plan.

So, did the first person just forget to add the extra $30 for the drink plan, or did Orange Shirt guy add the drink plan when he didn't need to? I asked about it, and Orange Shirt guy said he had to charge again for the Platinum drink plan.

Thanks in advance!
By Chris
jjjones325 wrote:First year with a Season Pass. We started with Gold and did the all season dining and the all season drink plan add ons.

Decided we would visit the Ohio parks this summer, so of course we wanted to upgrade to Platinum. While in the park with my son, I stopped at customer service to ask how much it would be to upgrade to Platinum with the all season dining and drinks on that as well. Was told $178 each.

Yesterday was in the park to actually do the upgrade (since my wife was with us). Orange Shirt guy (who I assumed was some type of manager), said our price was around $211 each. I'm guessing we were charged another $30 for the an additional drink plan. I haven't seen anything about a separate Platinum drink plan like I see for Platinum meal plan.

So, did the first person just forget to add the extra $30 for the drink plan, or did Orange Shirt guy add the drink plan when he didn't need to? I asked about it, and Orange Shirt guy said he had to charge again for the Platinum drink plan.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure exactly what you are asking but each person who wants a drink plan must pay a one time fee of roughly $30. Now, you could just add the drink plan to one pass and share drinks since you get a refill every 15 mins.
By Grobble
jjjones325 wrote:The question is if there is another $30 charge to add the drink plan to the Platinum Pass. We already had the drink plan on the Gold Pass.

The drink plans will transfer to the upgrade to Platinum. If you're lucky they might screw up and give you 2 drink plans. Last year on my Platinum pass with drink & dining, they put 2 drink plans on though i paid for one.
By jjjones325
Update: Contacted Carowinds. They agreed I was overcharged for another drink plan on the Platinum since I already had one on the Gold. They will refund.