General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
Anyone follow Carowinds on Snapchat? They posted a picture of Vortex with "Still Standing." in text at the top. (Photo can be viewed on themeparkreview)
By cwgator
I'm sure the comments are getting even more amusing now across their social media pages with that post (as if they needed anything else to make that so...lol).
By redrunner97
Hmm... is this supposed to be a hint or the opposite of a hint? :lol:

I'm not gonna lie, the fact that they haven't yet made an official announcement about Showplace's facelift and the relocation of the carousel and flyers has me a little suspicious...
By Flarsen
I'm just saying that if Carowinds is to get a woodie it should be a dueling and should have a UNC and USC theme. Gamecocks and Tar Heels.
By carolinaman
redrunner97 wrote:Hmm... is this supposed to be a hint or the opposite of a hint? :lol:

I'm not gonna lie, the fact that they haven't yet made an official announcement about Showplace's facelift and the relocation of the carousel and flyers has me a little suspicious...

I guess you could say they have announced it now.
Attachments
By CCookieMonster
Thanks for the picture. If we got a dueling coaster it would be really cool if it was UNC and Duke (the largest rivalry in the world!), but I think some peeps would be overdramatic about if UNC won or if Duke won... this is coming from someone living in the Triangle and being a UNC fan.(lol)
By Chris
tarheel1231 wrote:Looks like Amos may be right about the new location of the Gliders.

If true, he didn't just pick that out of thin air. No one would think that HUGE plot of land would be where they will put a small flat. If true, he's obviously releasing inside info under the guise that it's his opinion. I'm extremely shocked he's still working at the park at this point.
By CCookieMonster
Welcome to Carowinds Connection! Yeah, I think they'll change the name and theme to WG to something fitting the County Fair, or they might just fit it into eagles like at CP and KD. But I hope the Carolina Showplace won't get crowded with that big carousel in the middle and tons of people wanting to ride, especially on Fridays and Saturdays.