General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
tarheel1231 wrote:My vote is for a water coaster. That land is already in Carolina Harbor, why not? They cost a decent amount of money, but it could hold the park over for a short time. Plus the water park looks to be a major driver of the expansion, so I would assume that they'd want to invest in it more.

Cedar fair is not a fan of them. And honestly, isn't it kinda too early for this thread? Can we get half way through this season?
By FamousAmos
Chris wrote:Were the other stand up trains brought to Carowinds for parts after those rides closed? If not, you can bet it's only a matter of time before Vortex gets converted.

I don't think any of that stuff arrived. I would have seen it lying around in the back areas or in the new spare parts warehouse.
I'm happy with either converting it... or tearing it down entirely. Whichever has a better ROI.
By redrunner97
FamousAmos wrote:
Chris wrote:I'm happy with either converting it... or tearing it down entirely. Whichever has a better ROI.

Honestly, I'd rather see Vortex get sent to Michigan's Adventure and replaced with a brand-new, well-landscaped and shaded antique automobile ride. Bring back the HILLBILLY JALOPIES in style—and what better place than right next to the relocated classic Carousel?
By Jonathan
I have no inside knowledge, but I have a suspicion that 2019 could be something big. It's really hard for me to imagine that Whitewater Falls area through the old County Fair going neglected for another year. My hope is unsurprisingly for a GCI, and recent Cedar Fair history suggests it's certainly possible.
By Edwardo
If they give us something like timbers (going off of revues) or an RMC from the ground up, I'm happy.
By coasterbruh
Edwardo wrote:If they give us something like timbers (going off of revues) or an RMC from the ground up, I'm happy.

Mystic timbers? Soaring timbers? Shivering timbers? Twisted timbers? Lol

I think a water park addition in 2019 though . . .
By CCookieMonster
The next time Carolina Harbor gets updated, we should really get a Mat racer. My prediction for 2019 is some type of new coaster. Just like what Jonathan side, I don't think Carowinds would leave that big piece of land just lying there for a whole 'nother season.
By gabed
fonzlinney wrote:Does anyone think another surprise announcement could come for the 2018 season

The hotel :wink:
By dabrian
coasterbruh wrote:
Edwardo wrote:If they give us something like timbers (going off of revues) or an RMC from the ground up, I'm happy.

Mystic timbers? Soaring timbers? Shivering timbers? Twisted timbers? Lol

I think a water park addition in 2019 though . . .

Carolina Timbers...