General Carowinds discussion
By RiDeWaRrIoR
There are also stakes going over toward the bumper cars and what looks like a turn around on a coaster is near dorsil fin drop and the warehouse.
By RollerBee
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:There are also stakes going over toward the bumper cars and what looks like a turn around on a coaster is near dorsil fin drop and the warehouse.

Wasn’t there pictures here?
By A-z coasters
BS1983CLT wrote:There's a picture floating around online that shows the Woodstock Gliders sitting over by Sand Dune Lagoon...

No big deal right??

Well, in the picture you can see they are starting to tear out Sand Dune Lagoon!

It's official...
Sand Dune Lagoon will be no more...

That leaves us with a TON of room for 2019.

For those of you who still think this is a water park addition, why tear it out in January of 18'?

Water slides just take a few months to assemble.

:)

Here is that picture that your talking about:
By RiDeWaRrIoR
RollerBee wrote:
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:There are also stakes going over toward the bumper cars and what looks like a turn around on a coaster is near dorsil fin drop and the warehouse.

Wasn’t there pictures here?

Yea, I took it off. The one above with Flyer car sitting is one I posted as well. I have other things to but I am not posting anything. Flyers will be setup at WWF old entrance and the kiddie pool is going to be removed, if you didnt know already.... Signs of a new coaster are definitely showing up.
By gabed
Once again I’d just like to add that just because a ride/attraction is being removed doesn’t mean another ride/attraction will immediately fill its place. The WWF plot has been empty for over a year. Now I won’t lie though when I say that it’s a bit fishy that all this land is being opened up next to the last area of the park in desperate need of attention.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see a coaster next year. Fury will be 4 years old in 2019 which puts Carowinds around the due date for a new coaster for a park of its size.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Very true, but I can assure you the land is being used for future development, and it is in fact a coaster. You dont have to believe me and I dont have to prove anything. I am not specifying specifics of type etc. but I am about 99.9% sure there will be a new coaster being built in the distant future. Until then, all I can go by is what I have, which are the pictures you have seen, or possibly didnt see, but there are markers all around the area...
By RollerBee
A rumor I have heard is lazy river expansion, however that doesn’t make sense because Dorsal Fin/Surfer’s Swell is between the lazy river and this area.
By Grobble
gabed wrote:Canada’s Wonderland already has permits sufacing for a 2019 Coaster. Anyone know if there’s anything similar related to Carowinds regarding 2019?

Permits won't typically be filed till construction is pretty imminent. Wonderland's permits were filed in November with outstanding concerns from the board addressed in follow ups paperwork Dec 19th. They have started construction already with permits good from Jan 12, 2018 thru Jan 11, 2020.
By Grobble
gabed wrote:Once again I’d just like to add that just because a ride/attraction is being removed doesn’t mean another ride/attraction will immediately fill its place. The WWF plot has been empty for over a year. Now I won’t lie though when I say that it’s a bit fishy that all this land is being opened up next to the last area of the park in desperate need of attention.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see a coaster next year. Fury will be 4 years old in 2019 which puts Carowinds around the due date for a new coaster for a park of its size.

2019 Vortex conversion to floorless. Cedar Fair has been killing off all their stand ups. The B&M ones got converted and the non B&M's were removed, scrapped or resold. Cedar Fair is starting the same extinction with Boomerangs and Dinosaurs Alive are all leaving when the contracts run out in the next few years. Cedar Fair has alos been giving a park that gets a floorless conversion a new coaster the next year b/c conversions are pretty cheap, happened at CP and CGA. 2020 Carowinds new ground up coaster following 2019 floorless conversion.
By RollerBee
A-z coasters wrote:With everything that's going on, vortex being converted into a floorless is so unlikely to happen in 2019, maybe 2020 though.

I think what we are seeing maybe soil testing so far, I haven’t seen any construction permits filed except ones for Camp Snoopy.

But there again, I found the permit for Flyers relocation one time and it was still pending approval from York County. Now I can’t find a mention of that permit.
By Thrill Capture
My prediction for 2019 is that Carowinds will get a GCI in the spot shown in the picture(link down below), the Crossroads section will receive major improvements, Dodgems will be relocated to the former spot of the Carousel to make room for the new coaster, and a brand new path will connect the County Fair and Crossroads section to make that area more part of the park and accessible, and Vortex gets an announcement that it will close for a 'refurbishment'(new stand up trains).
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XlW4XHmFvj7ka9I22
By gabed
The Carousel was removed to open up space, no way they'd just go and fill it back up.