General Carowinds discussion
By MarkD
I have been looking at all the pics I have taken over the last few weeks of the Island makeover and the picture that shows "Stealth"s layout. What I had hoped/wished for was for the island pathways to resemble a lower cap "t". That way you could walk from the Thrill Zone directly into the Nick Zone or walk from the North Gate directly to Water Works. As it looks you will still have to walk all the way around to get to the Thrill Zone.
Altho it will cut out some of the walking and give fantastic views of the Coaster it would be sweet to walk straight thru from either side. Maybe they don't want it that way to aid in the flow of guests. Who knows.
Can't wait 'till 2004 season for sure.
By ghettopastries
I don't see how it can be directly connected to Thrill Zone? They would have to cut through Vortex/Goldrusher in order to do that and I'm not sure if thats possible.
By MarkD
Yea, that is the direction I was talking about. I thought it might be possible via a bridge or tunnel of sorts. There is not alot of room between those two but it would have been nice.
By coasterbruh
i dont think they will create "shortcuts" because if it was done some thing will be overlooked and thats my most parks have the circular design so you pretty much have to see everything in the park to get to certain things. like Islands of Adventure. now thats a true circle park
By Trev32
you mean make paths under the coaster? they probably won't do that but it would be cool.
By ghettopastries
If your talking about making paths under the new ride, then yes there will be.
By MarkD
Yea, we know there will be some paths under the coaster and I agree Islands of Adventure is a round park.
They could make the paths but it would mean redirecting the exit path from Vortex which they won't do.
By CarowindsZone
And removing the covered brigde!
By The Anomaly
Foreseer wrote:I have been looking at all the pics I have taken over the last few weeks of the Island makeover and the picture that shows "Stealth"s layout.

Speaking of the layout, is Stealth's layout the same as the layouts of X-Flight and Batwing? I just came from rcdb.com and noticed a lot of similarities, even with the stats. I couldn't make out a helix in any of the Stealth pictures. Is there a helix?
By Jonathan
Stealth is exactly the same as X-Flight and Batwing, except instead of the 2 barrel rolls and a helix at the end, Stealth has 2 corkscrews and no helix.
By CarowindsZone
Also the nose pieces are larger on Batwing and X-Flight.
By Cephas
Why were they bigger? Did it have anything to do with the spring-loaded wheels?
By CarowindsZone
Vekoma designed them bigger, or SF may have requested them be made bigger.
By Trev32
What does the nose peice have to do with anything?
By CarowindsZone
I dont know, just felled like bring it up.