General Carowinds discussion
I saw the info below on the Carowinds page and then renewed. Now the question is how do you get them? I looked in my email and dug through the account info on the Carowinds site. Thanks for the help in advance.

GOLD PASS

Lowest Price of the Year. Get Unlimited Visits and Free Parking in 2018 AND 2019!

Enjoy Unlimited Visits to Carowinds and Carolina Harbor all season long, including SCarowinds and WinterFest, plus Free Parking in 2018 AND 2019. Best of all, your Gold Pass includes exclusive discounts, early ride times and more in 2019!

New Passholders: Receive Unlimited Visits and Free Parking for the remainder of the 2018 season including The Great Pumpkin Fest, SCarowinds and WinterFest (includes admission and parking only; not valid for any other benefits until 2019). Plus, get a free Fast Lane Plus valid 8/16/18 - 10/28/18 when you buy between August 16-19, 2018 (excludes SCarowinds and WinterFest).

Renewing Passholders: Receive one free Fast Lane Plus and one free Bring-A-Friend Ticket valid 8/16/2018 - 10/28/18. Not valid for SCarowinds or WinterFest.
Once you purchase, you print out the page with the QR code and take it to the season pass processing at the park to get your pass printed. You should get an email receipt for it also.

EDIT: if you renewed, then you dont have to do anything your pass is ready for next year. If the renewal gave you the fast pass, then you can print out the QR for it, not sure if it was good for renewal or not. I purchased a new one for myself for next year to downgrade to gold.
Attachments
I figured as much, thanks for verifying. Not that there'd be much demand in Sept/Oct anyways (which I'm sure is why they're handing out free ones).

I'm assuming this is the best the deal is going to get, there's really nothing to gain for 2019 by waiting.
I renewed my Carowinds Platinum Pass for a Cedar Point Platinum Pass just now. I'm going in to Cedar Point in a month and a Fast Lane for Steel Vengeance seemed to make way more sense. It was a no brainier at this rate. $190 is a great price. I'm really looking forward to doing Canada's Wonderland next year.
Chris wrote:I renewed my Carowinds Platinum Pass for a Cedar Point Platinum Pass just now. I'm going in to Cedar Point in a month and a Fast Lane for Steel Vengeance seemed to make way more sense. It was a no brainier at this rate. $190 is a great price. I'm really looking forward to doing Canada's Wonderland next year.

Unless they changed the rules from last year, the free fast lane plus is only good at the park your pass is bought. I have a Cedar Point pass, I renewed last August during this same bonus and was already going to Wonderland later in August. They would not let me use my Cedar Point free fast lane at Wonderland.
Grobble wrote:
Chris wrote:I renewed my Carowinds Platinum Pass for a Cedar Point Platinum Pass just now. I'm going in to Cedar Point in a month and a Fast Lane for Steel Vengeance seemed to make way more sense. It was a no brainier at this rate. $190 is a great price. I'm really looking forward to doing Canada's Wonderland next year.

Unless they changed the rules from last year, the free fast lane plus is only good at the park your pass is bought. I have a Cedar Point pass, I renewed last August during this same bonus and was already going to Wonderland later in August. They would not let me use my Cedar Point free fast lane at Wonderland.

Cool, that's why I did it the way I did. :)
Chris wrote:
Grobble wrote:

Cool, that's why I did it the way I did. :)

With the platinum it's really only the perks that matter somewhat. I still believe Cedar Point platinum is the only one that gives you free upgrade to Fast lane plus for buying regular Fast lane on any day.
Grobble wrote:With the platinum it's really only the perks that matter somewhat. I still believe Cedar Point platinum is the only one that gives you free upgrade to Fast lane plus for buying regular Fast lane on any day.

I have a carowinds platinum pass this year and I was able to use my pass at cedar point to upgrade from fast lane to fast lane plus for no additional fee.
Platinum gets Platinum perks no matter the park. However, for the free fast lane with renewal, it's only good for the park you purchase/upgrade through. For most that would be your home park. You can however renew through a different park to get the Fast Lane to use at that park. Which is what Chris has done. You can log into any park's website as a Platinum passholder.
cwgator wrote:Platinum gets Platinum perks no matter the park. However, for the free fast lane with renewal, it's only good for the park you purchase/upgrade through. For most that would be your home park. You can however renew through a different park to get the Fast Lane to use at that park. Which is what Chris has done. You can log into any park's website as a Platinum passholder.

Do you happen to know if I can use the bring a friend passes at Kings Island?