General Carowinds discussion
By Rabidfrog
In the video she made it sound like they are going to be creating an area over that way possibly. Interested to see if it just ties into Fury or if it would be a whole new area...
By Carowindsman
Its probably going to be whatever that frontier thing Cedar Point is building.
By tarheel1231
They can always make it into Pirate Island if they shift some things around ;)

(The wink doesn’t mean anything, I’m not coasterbruh)
By coasterbruh
I would hope they wouldn't use yet another coastal / water area. They already have Carolina boardwalk and Carolina Harbor, which features a pirate themed attraction "Blackbeard's Revenge". I hope they continue to bring back forgotten theme sections of the park to round out the aspects of the carolinas.
By Techedchart1551
I hope they renovate the boardwalk area, and hopefully do something not themed around the upstate of the carolinas, maybe something along the lines of lowcountry south carolina would be cool
By Wood Coaster
1.) Rip Roaring Rapids is a very popular ride for Family's so this news is a surprise.... Always long lines but with lots of trees & shade.... An essential for the summer heat..... Hate it because my youngest was finally tall enough this year to ride it.... He is going to be disappointed.....I would hope that its going to be a rebirth/upgrade.

2.) Better NOT cut the Trees.

3.) A new Theater Complex would be my guess if its not going to be a rebirth..... If so a very large one that could do multiple shows at time and have access with out going through the main park entrance.... Maybe even tear down the open amphitheater.
By cwgator
Carowindsman wrote:Its probably going to be whatever that frontier thing Cedar Point is building.

The Dinos area would be a better option for that since there is already the path going through there. They would have to do way too much in RRR area to get it like that.

Wood Coaster wrote:3.) A new Theater Complex would be my guess if its not going to be a rebirth..... If so a very large one that could do multiple shows at time and have access with out going through the main park entrance.... Maybe even tear down the open amphitheater

That is the most far-fetched theory I've ever seen.
By Top Gun68
No way they tear down the amphitheater. Gospel Fest and the Christian Music festival do huge numbers for the park. If they do anything with it maybe they renovate it/expand it but I don't think that's likely.

I too am surprised they didn't do any formal announcement as RRR is a beloved ride. Very sad, but I'm sure we will get something nice.

I personally still think we need more flat rides. I could see them putting a screamin swing (I think it would be a huge hit) or a giant Frisbee like Max Air.

With this and hopefully Dino's Alive leaving soon Carowinds could be set to receive some pretty exciting additions. :mrgreen:
By coasterbruh
Top Gun68 wrote: I too am surprised they didn't do any formal announcement as RRR is a beloved ride. . .

Not according to the number when it comes to ridership :shifty:
By Glitch99
coasterbruh wrote:
Top Gun68 wrote: I too am surprised they didn't do any formal announcement as RRR is a beloved ride. . .

Not according to the number when it comes to ridership :shifty:

It had a much shorter operating season and a lower capacity than most rides. As a percentage of maximum capacity (dispatch rate times days/hours in operation), and I'd bet it would be a lot closer to the top.