General Carowinds discussion
By Kineticmind
I'll wait for others who are aware to chime in. Give it time to bake. I wasn't the only set of ears to get the confirmation.

To be clear, whether or not this is a 2020 or 2021 thing was not stated.
By yawetag
yawetag wrote:Looks like Michigan's Adventure closed their car ride (Be-Bop Blvd) this weekend. Maybe it's headed our way to fill that "antique car" gap some of us want to fill.

Called it!
By KIJester
I'm not convinced the Bee Bop ride will come here. Didn't we remove the very same car ride to put Dinos in?
If CF follows the same pattern as KI, I think Hillbilly Jalopies comes back just from a nostalgic perspective. Although now that I think about it, we didn't get the Flortex conversion like CGA.
By Kineticmind
I wish it wasn't the case. There is so much room there. You could easily put in any RMC, but autos has a lot of flat capacity. Part of the reason Cedar Point has two sets.

Sucks, I know. Again, we weren't privy to whether or not this is 2020 or 2021. In the end, it's a flat the GP likes. Even the ones at Magic Kingdom or BG Williamsburg are always packed.

And I refer to all those types of installations as antique autos. I'm sure there will be some sort of theming to give it that Carolina spin, or to tie it to Snoopy somehow. Something that makes it unique to Carowinds versus the other installations in the chain.
By Edwardo
Screamscape is reporting it.

They’re also reporting that Copperhead Strike May reopen this coming weekend. Interestingly enough, I rode it this past Saturday so... take that for what it’s worth.
Last edited by Edwardo on August 27th, 2019, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By yawetag
Edwardo wrote:Screamscape is reporting it.

Screamscape is reporting it because it was talked about here, I'm sure. The site is down for me right now, so I can't see what was written.
By tarheel1231
IF this is true, I’d lean towards it being a 2021 addition due to the lack of permits filed. I’d be completely okay with it, since we lost Antique to Dinos, and the park still has at least 20 acres of parking lot it can use to expand park boundaries. So I don’t see this as a bad use of space.
By Edwardo
yawetag wrote:
Edwardo wrote:Screamscape is reporting it.

Screamscape is reporting it because it was talked about here, I'm sure. The site is down for me right now, so I can't see what was written.

Yeah he’s hot a lot of stuff that’s been talked about here lol.

Nearly any time you see something about Carowinds rumors, I can tell you what thread he was reading. With his 1999 era webpage that he’s too lazy or not talented enough to update into a modern format lol.

And it’s not coming next year if it’s in the plans to add a car ride. Next year has already had its major announcements company wide.
By yawetag
RE: Screamscape

I don't necessarily have a problem with him (assuming it's a him) reporting on things mentioned here or elsewhere. What I wish he'd do is at least link to where he got his information, rather than "sources say" or "I've heard" or "I've seen" with no mention of who or where.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the guy has inside sources.
By coasterbruh
Hell, 95% of the people who come on here with stuff has no inside sources . . . Just throwing stuff on the wall until it sticks.
By uscbandfan
There's no reason why they can't have an RMC AND an Antique ride in the Dino's area... especially if they take more of the parking lot at the South Gate. Would be cool to ride the cars through the bottom of the coaster.