General Carowinds discussion
By RollerBee
I prefer CN over Nick.
By carowindsfreak13
Trev32 wrote: watch that channel unless ed, ed, 'n' eddy is on.

Yeah, I like ed, Edd and Eddy. It is the best show, Then maybe scooby doo and Dexter Labatory
By Dukeis#1
Trev32 wrote:

Ok, now i agree that nickelodeon is getting not-so-funny anymore, but Cartoon network is even worse. (which is why i never watch that channel unless ed, ed, 'n' eddy is on)

Well, you might not, but this past year Cartoon Network did have an overall higher viewership rating than Nickelodeon did. It was the first time any other children's network topped Nick's ratings since 1995.
By LP_Reanimator
Dukeis#1 wrote: Oh well...I'll miss the old groovy HB cartoon characters. No wonder Cartoon Network is kicking Nickelodeon's *** in ratings.

And you know why CN is kicking Nick's *** in ratings? Adult Swim. That's the only reason why. That, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Ed, Edd, & Eddy are the only reason I watch CN. But AS is gettin all the ratings.
By Dukeis#1
Well, maybe that is what pushed Cartoon Network over the top, but it had been creeping up on Nickelodeon all along. CN's weekly ratings started excelling above Nick's in the summer of 2001.

Adult Swim was just the extra boost they needed...though I wouldn't call that children's programming. I think it would compete with Nick at Night, though.
By carowindsfreak13
I like ed, edd, and Eddy but I don't like the pokemon stufff such as yugioh and dragonballz etc
By wdwspider
LP_Reanimator wrote: And you know why CN is kicking Nick's *** in ratings? Adult Swim.

I thought this at first too. AS kills in viewership.

I think CN to Nick is Apples to Oranges. Yes, they show toons, but CN is decidely teen to adult audience, where Nick is pre-school to teen (the audience that Carowinds wants to pull in that area of the park).

With HB all but gone from modern tv, Nick seems to be the next best nationally recognized franchise at the moment.

Of course, there was Paramount and Popeye at one time... :lol: :P
By carowindsfreak13
Well with nick yeas they do serve teen audenices because of of not cartoons but because of shows, like Drake and Josh, Zoey 101, Ned's Declassified, Unfaboulous, and All That, And Romeo. Some cartoons such as Spongebob have teen fans also. But yet Adult also. But you don't see MATURE adults go and say "Spongebob is on Honey" " Grab the Sponge Boxers". :lol:
By LP_Reanimator
Well with nick yeas they do serve teen audenices because of of not cartoons but because of shows, like Drake and Josh, Zoey 101, Ned's Declassified, Unfaboulous, and All That, And Romeo. Some cartoons such as Spongebob have teen fans also. But yet Adult also. But you don't see MATURE adults go and say "Spongebob is on Honey" " Grab the Sponge Boxers". :lol:

That is true, but Nick doesn't have shows like DragonBall Z or DragonBall GT, which many adults watch. Nick has teen programming, that is true, but you don't really see anything over that on there. CN has more shows directed towards adults with all the anime they show, even not on AS. Nick has no anime, and there highest aged show is directed towards 14 and 15 year olds. Adults don't watch shows like "Unfabulous", "Drake and Josh", "Ned's Declassified", "Romeo", or "Zoey 101". And nobody watches All That anyway, cuz it sucks. Yes adults like Spongebob but that's the only one. CN clearly has more shows that adults enjoy.
By Dukeis#1
Remember when All That didn't suck? Back when it premiered in '94 or '95, it was actually pretty funny.

I miss the old Nickeldeon live action shows too, like You Can't Do that on TV, Welcome Freshmen, Hey Dude, Roundhouse, Salute Your Shorts, and My Brother and Me (Which was set right here in Charlotte, NC!) Several of those were really edgy for children's programming, particularly the ones that came on during SNICK.
By wdwspider
Dukeis#1 wrote: Remember when All That didn't suck?  Back when it premiered in '94 or '95, it was actually pretty funny. 

I miss the old Nickeldeon live action shows too, like You Can't Do that on TV, Welcome Freshmen, Hey Dude, Roundhouse, Salute Your Shorts, and My Brother and Me (Which was set right here in Charlotte, NC!)  Several of those were really edgy for children's programming, particularly the ones that came on during SNICK.

Getting far from topic :lol: , but Yea... Nick has Mellowed out some in it's years. It really was Risque children's programing in it's day. Now it's more generic and structured overall. But I guess that's what happens with success, you try to capitalize on fortune without stepping on too many toes. Look at MTV, they use to show Music Videos at one time. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Times sure change.

Double Dare could have been a cool Stage Show/ Audience participation type attraction btw.
By carowindsfreak13
Ah yes. Double dare. Loved that show. Does anyone remember "The legened of the hidden temple" That was my favorite show. Yes I do remember hey dude, and all those shows.
By Dukeis#1
wdwspider wrote: Double Dare could have been a cool Stage Show/ Audience participation type attraction btw.

Funny you mention that, because in 1997, Dollywood had a touring Nickelodeon stage show called U-Pick Nick. It featured a Double Dare segment where they would select two families from the audience and have them come up on stage to compete in all sorts of games from the show. In the show's grand finale they poured slime all over the stage. It was pretty cool.

Too bad Carowinds didn't ever have a similar show.
By carowindsfreak13
They should bcause it is a paroumount park. Heck I would like to see a nick studios. Like Universal has.
By RollerBee
Dukeis#1 wrote:
wdwspider wrote: Double Dare could have been a cool Stage Show/ Audience participation type attraction btw.

Funny you mention that, because in 1997, Dollywood had a touring Nickelodeon stage show called U-Pick Nick. It featured a Double Dare segment where they would select two families from the audience and have them come up on stage to compete in all sorts of games from the show. In the show's grand finale they poured slime all over the stage. It was pretty cool.

Too bad Carowinds didn't ever have a similar show.

Actually Double Dare or some other show, was taped at Carowinds at least once, it was listed on Viacom's website at one time.

I found it: <a href='http://viacom.com/press.tin?ixPressRelease=998' target='_blank'>http://viacom.com/press.tin?ixPressRelease=998</a>