General Carowinds discussion
By RollerBee
Dukeis#1 wrote: The Coaster Preservation Club successfully saved the Carolina Sternwheeler from an uncertain and most horrible doom.

No, I was a young teen and I got the stupid idea of trying to buy Thunder Eagle.

So who do I have to talk to, so I get photo updates from Carowinds?
By coasterbruh
This isnt rocket science man....perhaps you should start by contacting the park and asking them that........ no one here is gonna do the dirty work for you.

And didnt the CPC got started like, last year?!?!
By RollerBee
That was three years ago, and a lot of head aches earlier.
By carowindsfreak13
RollerNut wrote:
Dukeis#1 wrote: The Coaster Preservation Club successfully saved the Carolina Sternwheeler from an uncertain and most horrible doom.

No, I was a young teen and I got the stupid idea of trying to buy Thunder Eagle.

So who do I have to talk to, so I get photo updates from Carowinds?

I wanted to buy it also. Always wanted to ride that coaster in Race World. It closed down two days before I went to check it out.
By RollerBee
It is a shame they ain't bringing the Wild Bull back.
By RollerBee
http:/www.carowinds.com It looks like we lost everything but the Scooby-Doo's Haunted Mansion. Well, I hope the eagles get a Neutron or OddParents theme.

RIP Hanna-Barbera Land 1975-2004, the characters that were lost to stupid cartoons that ain't even funny.
By coasterbruh
Well What can I say.....

Coasterbruh-----------> Not one to rub it in.....
By Dukeis#1
I hate the new Nicktoons...they are just SOOO annoying! Whatever happened to the good ones like Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life? (But then again, I fell out of Nickelodeon's target audience 10 years ago... :rolleyes: )

Oh well...I'll miss the old groovy HB cartoon characters. No wonder Cartoon Network is kicking Nickelodeon's *** in ratings.
By RollerBee
Dukeis#1 wrote: I hate the new Nicktoons...they are just SOOO annoying! Whatever happened to the good ones like Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life?
Oh well...I'll miss the old groovy HB cartoon characters. No wonder Cartoon Network is kicking Nickelodeon's *** in ratings.

I agree 100% I don't mind Neutron, Rugrats, and the OddParents. But SpongeBob, Dora, Thornberrys, Rocket Power get on my nerves. One ride will be removed as the sign said "14 rides", with all of the current rides, plus the two new ones, it equals 15. I am betting the Jetliners.
Rides in photos:
Carousel, Scooby-Doo, Bi-planes, Balloons, Chopper Chase.
By coasterbruh
Am I the only one who doesnt see a sign?

vvv Ignorance is bliss......... Now run along and make another tombstone or draft a letter about how the park is becomming a rats nest for nicktoons..... <_<
By RollerBee
A sign of what? The world coming to an end, the world should have ended back in the 1800s. Or are you talking about a sign of me getting dumber, in that case. "Here's your sign."
By carowindsfreak13
I loved ren a stimpy and Rocko's. They were both funny.
By wdwspider
RollerNut wrote: http:/www.carowinds.com It looks like we lost everything but the Scooby-Doo's Haunted Mansion. Well, I hope the eagles get a Neutron or OddParents theme.

RIP Hanna-Barbera Land 1975-2004, the characters that were lost to stupid cartoons that ain't even funny.

Well, for every hundred Hanna Barbera cartoons, five were great. For every five Nick cartoons, one or two are great... BUT... Marketing of franchises makes them much, much bigger than they should be. And I don't care what you say... Spongebob IS funny. It may not be to everyone's liking, but it is funny.

I can understand the change totally. My son took a picture with George Jetson, to this day he still doesn't know who he is. The Jetsons for crying out loud! He wouldn't know a Flintstone either. Luckily Scooby has transversed the years very well, but all others... not so much, unless you like Adult Swim on Sunday nights. LOL

So... who could take the Ghoster Coaster torch... what character represents a coaster theme well? I'd say Rocket Power, but it's not that popular.... one ride is almost too much. What about that new Johny Phantom show?
By Dukeis#1
Spongebob is the only current Nicktoon that can hold up to the old ones, though it's practically just like a recycled Rocko's Modern Life. There are a lot of similarities between those two shows.

There are many forgotten HB cartoons. Scooby Doo seems to be the only one that really held up.
By Trev32
No wonder Cartoon Network is kicking Nickelodeon's *** in ratings.

Ok, now i agree that nickelodeon is getting not-so-funny anymore, but Cartoon network is even worse. (which is why i never watch that channel unless ed, ed, 'n' eddy is on)

And i'm pretty sure that i don't know a single kid who prefers CN over Nick.