General Carowinds discussion
By montumax
I think if they have a problem with your fingers not scanning right, they'll still take your pic. When I was getting mine processed on Friday, I saw one guy get his picture taken. It took a few tries to get mine "right." I'm not for sure how I like this system. I'll see next week when I go back.
By BoRgAsSiMiLaToR
well i didnt have any trouble doing it but i dont know how this is going to work? what will happen? do they scan the barcode on the SP and then make you do a finger scan or what? i guess ill find out if i go back tomorrow.....
By MarkD
Yep, it was quite odd seeing the pass without a picture. Without a picture they will definantly have to have the scanners working all the time.

I paid for my 2006 pass and got the forms to fill out so my Daughter and I will get ours at C3.
By topdog01
If your purchased a 2005 Platinum you will get your pics taken. As of 2006 all passes will be biometrics. For those not wanting their fingers photographed, you may go to admission services on every visit to present a pictured id
By carowindsfreak13
Last Weekend I went to disney world and found out what these scanners were like. They were pretty cool.
By Cephas
Man, this stinks! Less ways to cheat the system! :P
By BoRgAsSiMiLaToR
Yea now we cant cheat the system on getting in...but as far as the platinum parking area all they do is say OK i mena when i went last week we just held the card up with the windows up and everthing....easy to trick them....i remember back when they had the gold passes and where you drive through to pay just looked at the pass and you could easily take a gold credit card and get by with it. at least now they scan it....there starting to be more "secure" but i dont think they will ever stop the free water scammers.....
By dukefanswimmer89
BoRgAsSiMiLaToR wrote: but i dont think they will ever stop the free water scammers.....

don't forget about the free Borg locker/free Wings refills scammers ;)
By CMT
BoRgAsSiMiLaToR wrote: Yea now we cant cheat the system on getting in...but as far as the platinum parking area all they do is say OK i mena when i went last week we just held the card up with the windows up and everthing....easy to trick them....i remember back when they had the gold passes and where you drive through to pay just looked at the pass and you could easily take a gold credit card and get by with it. at least now they scan it....there starting to be more "secure" but i dont think they will ever stop the free water scammers.....

I just love how you guys are admitting to "cheating the system" when you know the park management reads the boards fairly often.
By dukefanswimmer89
i don't think taking advantage of the stuff they allow you to do is cheating...

free water/free refills at wings/using the Borg lockers and saving 5.00 is perfectly legal and allowed... why not get the best value for your money..??

oh and as to the pass thing, its unfortunate that they have to resort to biometrics, b/c a lot of the gate ppl are just too lazy to look at the pictures... i've gone through 16 times this season w/ my pass and had it looked at once.

At least this year they started w/ the 'you can only enter once,' which prevents ppl from using the same pass over and over again in the same day, taking advantage of the gate checkers... as i said awhile ago, it would be so much easier and cheaper to just make the employees check the photos.. but now the park has to go through all of these precautions...
By CMT
In response to Duke, I wasn't talking about the legal stuff as the re-fills, water, etc. I was replying to the comment before about the intent to use others' season passes for admission and or parking without paying for it. That's considered stealing and if caught, the park does take it seriously.
By BoRgAsSiMiLaToR
well i had never tried using a gold card to get through the parking gates i always had a reg pass because back when the gold pass was around i didnt even have my license. but my point is why even have it if they arent going to check it or scan it (even though now they do) but still in the platinum they didnt even make us roll down the window to show the pass they just said go on so i mean its like crazy
By dukefanswimmer89
are they going to do biometrics on double ride tuesdays?
what about ERT?
By MuffBalls
dukefanswimmer89 wrote:
what about ERT?

Thats going to be the big question this off season. What to do what to do...any ideas?