Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By shane235
RMC new track concept pictures. Called TRex track. Credit: TPR (only place I could find the pictures)

By tarheel1231
With RMC's ability to build full steel coasters, you have to wonder how many projects they can take on a year now. From 2011 to now, they've only been able to get out 2-3 a year. This year, they're taking on 4 projects (Wildfire, Storm Chaser, Lightning Rod, and Joker), 4 1/2 if you count Total Mayhem. With this track being able to be manufactured easily along with their already popular selling IBox and Topper Track coasters, I wonder if this means they can 5-6 projects a year like B&M.
By coasterbruh
tarheel1231 wrote:Track has arrived for Cobra's Curse! Please let us get a Mack spinner!

Have you ever been on one? I have . . . I'm far from asking for one at the park.
By coasterbruh
I did the one at knotts it seemed too controlled unlike the crazy mouse spinning coasters.
By Edwardo
I think the one at Knotts is more of a controlled spin. I liked it, but it's nothing major.
By cwgator
I believe it was mentioned earlier on about the renovation of the Incredible Hulk Coaster @ IOA. Besides new trains, some track will be replaced as well.

(From Screamscape):
2016 - Incredible Hulk Coaster Renovation - (9/30/15) Ready to see something that will make even most hardened coaster lovers cringe and maybe even shed a tear. In The Loop has posted a new video showing that the removed track pieces from The Incredible Hulk have been dropped off in the same scrap-pile as the trains, at Trademark Metal Recycling in Orlando.
Of course, this now confirms the rumors that Hulk is indeed getting not only all new trains, but a near-complete track replacement. I say 'near-complete' simply because, I'm assuming right now that the station and transfer tracks, and possibly some other sections, may remain in place. Since these rumors are now panning out to be true so far, I'm guessing the rumors of Hulk returning with a new B&M designed launch system could also be true. As for the new trains... all I'm hearing so far is that we can expect them to likely have B&M's new 'vest' style restraint system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=37&v=oTO8FgQ6kic
By FamousAmos
Universal had planned to build another park overseas which would have had an exact copy of Hulk. But that park never got built, however, the track did. So they basically have an entire Hulk coaster in storage somewhere. They'll be replacing it with that soon.
By cwgator
Jonathan wrote:Source?

Someone said something like that over on that site we do not speak of. Of course they offered no sources either.
By Jarsh
I've never heard that even as a rumor. UO doesn't seem like the company to go out and pay $XX,000,000 on a coaster that they will let sit in a warehouse and collect dust for years. Besides, as much as coaster geeks stalk the B&M plant someone would've mentioned something about green track that never materialized into a coaster.
By FamousAmos
I don't know of any source, nor can I confirm it. But from what I heard, it's in a storage building somewhere on the Florida property. I hope that it's true.
By RollerBee
Anything is possible but I doubt it. There again, someone would have to have a copy of the original designs or taken all kinds of surveys of the pieces to make new ones. I haven't kept up with this but is it possible the track layout could change or be reprofiled? Similar to changes to Hurler or even Hades 360?
By FamousAmos
I know that they have/had plans to redesign the launching system for Hulk. So if they rebuild it, there will be a new launch system. Something like what Thunderbird has.
By Chris
FamousAmos wrote:Universal had planned to build another park overseas which would have had an exact copy of Hulk. But that park never got built, however, the track did. So they basically have an entire Hulk coaster in storage somewhere. They'll be replacing it with that soon.

two posts later...
FamousAmos wrote:I don't know of any source, nor can I confirm it.

Then why did you post it as fact??? :lol: