Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By coasterbruh
All of its right there in front of us lol. Kidding aside, I am happy for the people who go to that park who always complains that cedar fair couldn't care less. I kinda like how they are putting everything out there.

Side bar . . . im noticing a trend with parks, they are foregoing the whole anticipation thing and just flat out announcing what they are doing but leaving out the details. With everything so public I can see why . . . anyway.

It's interesting to see the water park will get re-branded and I can only wonder if its gonna be another soak city or something more unique. I can also honestly say i'm a little jealous of the master blaster and water coaster. But then again . . . Carowinds hasn't announced everything yet :thumbup:
By arby
I think this is an excellent move on the part of Cedar Fair. There is no reason both CGA and Carowinds shouldn't have 3 million + visitors a year (other than both parks underserving their markets in the past). Should be exciting for my 2018 trip there...

With Cabela's close by, I wonder why Carowinds doesn't build a shopping district outside the gates. Maybe this hints towards the possible 10 year plan for Carowinds... I think Carowinds and CGA are both heading in a similar direction, but some of the amenities and the order of operations are different based on the needs of the park and the area demographics.
By Jarsh
I think the reason they are building this shopping district is to take advantage of the football crowds on the days that they are closed because of a game. Now, I'm sure that wasn't the only reason, but I bet it was a real big one.

Think about it... all those thousands of people there with no where to go and nothing to do (before and after a game).

I don't think something like this would work for Carowinds because there simply isn't a need for something Disney Springs-ish in that area, especially with all the malls fairly close. A small shopping center, maybe, but a shopping district, no.
I moved out west for school 2 years ago and thank god I chose SoCal. I visit the bay all the time and the one time I went to SFDC, it was horrible. Ghetto SeaWorld is the only way I know how to describe it. Some 13 year old-ish kid tried to steal my seat by not getting out of it after he got back in the station and when I told him to gtfo he got his older brother along with his friends to try and fight me and my friends. They actually waited at the exit for us to get off the ride to try and intimidate us lmao. Never been so glad to see a cop at a park...

But yeah, SFDC is a huge dump so I had higher expectations for CGA. Guess what? I was wrong. Hopefully this expansion fuels a renaissance for Bay Area theme parks. With the weather that doesn't happen over here, you would think it would be THE place for coasters. But nope.

If it weren't for SFMM the West Coast would be screwed.