Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By JWitter
Hey guys and gals, I;m headed to London next month for a 2 week work trip. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on any good theme parks around the area? Good coasters I should check out etc. etc.
By tarheel1231
The two closest theme parks to London that I know of are Chessington Worlds of Adventure and Thorpe Park. They're both about an hour away.
By coasterbruh
Blackpool, drayton manor. Also, you can catch a 5 hr train from london to Disneyland Paris. You also have parks like efteling and walibi (belgium and holland) closer to get to than it would be over here.
By Jonathan
Alton Towers is doable on a day trip from London by train but a bit tricky. Definitely the best park in the country, though (and one of the best ever).

Thorpe is extremely easy to get to from London.
By coasterbruh
Jay wrote:Suggests Drayton and not Alton Towers? :roll:

I thought tarheel did!
By JWitter
I'll technically be staying in Feltham, so Thorpe park is very near where i'll be. I hadn't thought about Disney Paris honestly, that is an interesting idea. So Alton Towers is the best park though??
By Jonathan
Alton is the best but can be a bit tricky to get to from London using transit. I took a high speed train to Stoke then a local train to Uttoxeter and a bus to Alton Towers. I think there is a direct bus from Stoke station too.

Thorpe Park is definitely worth going to, though I was a bit disappointed just because of overly high expectations. I was expecting something more immersive on the level of Alton Towers but it was more of a better themed Six Flags. Some good rides though (Swarm, Nemesis Inferno, etc.).