Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By yawetag
Wonder if this means our own Arrow looper isn't too far away from being removed. It's older than this one.
By tarheel1231
That actually makes me kinda sad. I remember a coastercritic article that stated Cedar Fair was looking into removing their arrows and Vortex would be the first. Mind you, this was 4 or 5 years ago, but I fear it might be coming to fruition.
By sccoasterbear
I am honestly surprised it lasted this long. I imagine upkeep was major on that ride. Shucks Cyclone had major issues thirty years ago. This is really going to change the skyline of KI. Now that will be 2 up 2 down on that same footprint. Wonder what the future will hold.
By cwgator
Goodbye and roast in hell. I know many loved it for nostalgia or whatever, but it was a POS that needed replacing years ago. The only thing I can say good about it was it was quite picturesque. Something that looks so pretty shouldn't give you a headache before you get to the first inversion.
By Jay
It's a solid ride in the next to last seat, and I'll defend the hell out of it. It's not a good look to remove 2 large coasters in 2 years (even with the addition of Orion, which I am excited for) so I'm wondering if something accelerated the need to take Vortex out since it's highly unlikely anything major will replace it for 3-5 years. I know Cedar Fair only cares about their bottom line, but I wish they would try to preserve some of these rides more. Preservation never made anyone any money I guess. :thumbdown:
By Coasterphreak
It's always a shame when classic attractions go, but I'd definitely rather see Cedar Fair invest in new rides to drive attendance rather than spend a bunch of money rehabbing old ones.
By Edwardo
That depends. Obviously Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers show that old rides can be made amazing.