General Carowinds discussion
By formeryogi
Cars are on fire now in Carowinds parking lot... around ten cars.

Feeling sorry for the guests who will be walking out after a day at the park only to find their car is burned (wonder if they will get their car parking fee refunded?).
By Hiveminded
Wow, and I thought I had a bad day when my car battery died in the parking lot a few weeks ago. I hope everyone is okay.
Not my video
By swampfox43
Pure speculation here, but I have wonder if this were another case of a cell phone exploding after being left in an extremely hot car. With the temps as hot as they have been, it wouldn't surprise me if it were this, or some other lithium powered device.
By LoveMeSomePrunes
LoveMeSomePrunes wrote:Thought from the title of the thread we had the name of the new ride

tarheel1231 wrote:We’ve kind of known the name for about two months.

It was a joke. I knew the new coaster was not "cars on fire."

I realize theres a copyright or tradmark filed for copperhead strike...such a dumb name if that ends up being ours, but i digress
By arby
swampfox43 wrote:Pure speculation here, but I have wonder if this were another case of a cell phone exploding after being left in an extremely hot car. With the temps as hot as they have been, it wouldn't surprise me if it were this, or some other lithium powered device.

I thought the same thing when I saw it. Someone with an older Samsung phone that was known to have problems or even leaving any phone in direct sunlight (like on the dash) on hot days like these.
By LoveMeSomePrunes
arby wrote:
swampfox43 wrote:Pure speculation here, but I have wonder if this were another case of a cell phone exploding after being left in an extremely hot car. With the temps as hot as they have been, it wouldn't surprise me if it were this, or some other lithium powered device.

I thought the same thing when I saw it. Someone with an older Samsung phone that was known to have problems or even leaving any phone in direct sunlight (like on the dash) on hot days like these.

enough heat to light a samsung battery or even the grease in a funnel cake left on someone's dash :lol: