General Carowinds discussion
Glitch99 wrote:
RollerBee wrote:It is bad business to stay open on a low attendance day.

What's bad business is to maintain irregular hours that your potential customers cannot rely on. Especially when trying to establish something new.

Irregular hours?!?! The park closes one day early out of how many other operating days and now they have irregular hours? I could see if this was an ongoing trend that happens several times a month but it happen what, like twice this year? Are you just trying to stay mad about this situation? Seems like today was business as usual and they didn't close early.
My 2 cents on this subject is that a business should always, if possible adhere to posted hours, even if there is no one in the place, and you are losing money. It's ok to shut rides down early, close shops, or even dim the lights, but if you committed yourself to be open until a certain hour, DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO EXIT. If new people show up at the gate during this lull time, warn them that most of the rides and shops have closed.

It is all about your reputation. You have to assume some of those folk might not be pass holders and are visiting the park for the first time. Others may have traveled long distance, while some could have arrived late and were counting on having those 4 hours to spend in the park.

There have been times I arrived at a store and they had closed 10 to 15 minutes early because employees wanted to get home. That is when I go off at the place. When I worked at restaurants, guest sometimes walked in 5 minutes before closing after we had cleaned up, and shut down the kitchen. In those cases there was nothing we could do but suck it up, find a cook and reopen the kitchen. We had to do this because our business sign said we close at 10, not 9:55.

To me it sees somewhat strange the park was staying open until 8 anyway. This should have been a 5:00pm closing event.
I mean, why keep up a post that states you're closing early that day after that day is over? I equate that to the same reasoning as to why they remove the previous months from their current calendar.
coasterbruh wrote:I mean, why keep up a post that states you're closing early that day after that day is over? I equate that to the same reasoning as to why they remove the previous months from their current calendar.

Because it's generally accepted to be poor form to delete things off social media, except for policy/standards violations (inappropriate language, etc). Good PR addresses criticism, not sweep it under the rug and hope it's forgotten. Deleting a post is admitting it was a mistake.
Jesus Christ, you really do have an ax to grind lol. So I guess all their other post stating they were closing are still up huh? Why are you taking this so personal? Were you severely inconvenienced by their early closing? How do you know the criticism was not addressed? You don't know if they said it was bad practice? I mean, the park did open yesterday to probably the same low crowds as Saturday. You know nothing more than the park closed early and it really bothered you. Oh, I guess they have to give a public mea culpa to satisfy you? It's too many REAL issues going on in the world to be so uptight about an AMUSEMENT PARK closing 5 hours early one day out of a a 10 month span.
I love that y’all have concluded on your own that the parks attendance was low and that that was why they closed.

Shows who knows what they’re talking about and who doesn’t. And I see a lot of doesn’t here.
Chris wrote:Look at the bright side. With the park that dead, you probably didn't have to worry about that yield sign off the interstate. :wtf:

Also, by closing the park early one day, that gave us something to talk about. It has not been this dead around here in years. The last few years we have had something new and interesting to discuss for the upcoming season. One water side does not inspire the fan boys to camp out across the street with a zoom lens. Not once has anyone demanded a waterslide webcam.
Edwardo wrote:I love that y’all have concluded on your own that the parks attendance was low and that that was why they closed.

Shows who knows what they’re talking about and who doesn’t. And I see a lot of doesn’t here.

So what was it that caused them to make the call? Attendance? Staffing? Infrastructure issues? Health & Safety?
Edwardo wrote:If the park wanted you to know, they’d tell you...

And if you have privileged information that clarifies the reasoning, please share. Otherwise, it's kinda rude to denigrate others for speculating in the absence of an official statement, and frankly your posting schtick of "I know something you don't know, haha ignorant losers" gets old after a while.