General Carowinds discussion
By Trev32
i agree with LocoDriver,carowinds does need a boomerang coaster and a delerium
By CarowindsZone
I want a Chaos, Deleruim, and a launch coaster.
By Trev32
o yeah a choas!
By montumax
I can't say that I'd like a Boomerang come to the park. They're really not my favourite style of coasters. (I'd rather ride Deja Vu instead of a boomerang.) I'd rather see something like an Impluse coaster be installed in Thrill Zone. I think they could add a few flats in the section. What kind they would be, doesn't matter to me. I do like a Chaos but I can ride the one at the beach.

With the Boomerang Bays being put in at PKI and PGA, I think the waterpark upgrade is coming. With the campground closing, I can see them expanding out into the employee parking area and out by Thunder Road.

Max
By CarowindsZone
An impulse.....That is the only type of rollercoaster I won't ride.
By LocoDriver
montumax wrote: I can't say that I'd like a Boomerang come to the park. They're really not my favourite style of coasters. (I'd rather ride Deja Vu instead of a boomerang.) I'd rather see something like an Impluse coaster be installed in Thrill Zone. I think they could add a few flats in the section. What kind they would be, doesn't matter to me. I do like a Chaos but I can ride the one at the beach.

With the Boomerang Bays being put in at PKI and PGA, I think the waterpark upgrade is coming. With the campground closing, I can see them expanding out into the employee parking area and out by Thunder Road.

Max

When I said Boomerang I was speaking of that or a DejaVu style coaster. Either one would have a small footprint for a coaster and could be placed into the Action Zone area with relative ease. It also would be another Invert for PC. That would be some kind of record. Four inverts/suspended in one park.

If I had my coaster wish for PC, then it would have to definitley be a Hyper or bigger. I'm just thinking on a reasonable level here. I can't see PC spending the money on a Hyper any time soon.
By Dukeis#1
LocoDriver wrote: If I had my coaster wish for PC, then it would have to definitley be a Hyper or bigger.  I'm just thinking on a reasonable level here.  I can't see PC spending the money on a Hyper any time soon.

I've Still got my fingures crossed for a nice little B&M Hyper about the size of Appolo's Chariot, that just barely crests 200ft. But of course IMO they should remove Skycoaster to add it.
By MarkD
Oh yea. Don't remove the Sky Coaster just move it. I rode it once and it was fun but I won't shell out the dough any more for it.
By CarowindsZone
I have never rode the skycoaster it looks like fun, but from what I heard about the design not to safe. Anyway, I want another wooden coaster and a floorless to replace the waterpark.
By coasterbruh
explain why the design isnt safe, because its a very simple design. from what i see all the mechanical parts are or is the pulley. the rest is just a giant swing. i mean the only safety issue is the cord popping but i dont think that is gonna happen. its probably reenforced cable.
By CarowindsZone
You hit the nail on the head....freak accident.
By Jonathan
A freak accident could happen at any place and anytime. You could tumble over backwards in your chair and hit your head on the corner of something and die right now, and it would be a freak accident. If the Skycoaster should be removed due to the risk of a freak accident, then the entire park should be shut down.
By montumax
If the design isn't safe, why are these things all over parks? For that matter, why is there a 300ft version in Orlando? I'm sure these skycoasters are inspected everyday like the rest of the rides in the park. To me, your logic is flawed.
By Trev32
They're right if the design isn't safe,they woulden't have them all over
By CarowindsZone
I have no clue, but keep in mind that was my opinion.