General Carowinds discussion
By Cosmo_TAD
Its just policy to say no, its way quicker to say no and not have to analyze the situtation every time someone asks (which yes is EVERY train). Also some people don't know their limits and think they can get a second ride in before they get sick, they can't. :lol:
Not to mention, if there are still people in line, it's not fair to them for you to ride again while they wait the same amount of time to ride once. If you get to ride twice in a row, then everyone should. If there are empty seats, that's just the way it goes. If there's absolutely no line whatsoever and there are complete empty rows of seats with no guests to fill them anywhere in the line, then yes, ride again. Otherwise, get some exercise and walk around.
By bgwfreak
Plus the operators will let you know when you can re-ride.

I hear it on Afterburn all the time "If no one is in your row waiting, you may ride again.".
By Edwardo
On my last few consecutive visits, when getting off, I've row hopped if a seat was empty (and there was a line for the ride every time) and no ride op had any issues with it. And the single rider line was open on a couple of those visits.
By Cosmo_TAD
^ You are not supposed to. :evil: I will be keeping my eyes out for you now. :roll:

There are times when its ok to re-ride, if its ok it will be announced. If there is a line, you are not supposed to reride. Sorry it sucks I know, but I have a deal for you, saturday night you can have your own exclusive ride time, I know some people, I can make it happen.
By pb3176
i was just confused on why i was told no where there was no one in the line for that isle. lime i mentioned before i was told once that it was ok to ride again. im not one to just assume it is ok to reride i do ask and if told no gladly walk around and get back in line.
You do have to consider that there are people watching from the line. If you get to do it, and they do it and get caught, they will probably make a scene. There is some logic behind it.
By Blue Moon
bgwfreak wrote:Plus the operators will let you know when you can re-ride.

I hear it on Afterburn all the time "If no one is in your row waiting, you may ride again.".

I've seen lately Afterburn hasn't had anyone waiting at all at some points, with the exception of the front row. The perfect time to allow it. Also for clarification, the whole "If no one is in your row waiting, you may ride again" means to stay in your seat if you wish to ride again, not move around. If you move around you could possibly be taking another person's seat that is putting their belongings away at Intimidator. At Afterburn, all of the restraints lock at the same time and there is a chance you will be out of luck in getting a seat. Another reason why there is usually the no reride policy.

So, to guarantee yourself that second ride if allowed, please stay in the same seat.
By Edwardo
Cosmo, I've always asked a ride op/attendant if it's okay, and I've never been told no. That's what I meant by ride ops not having a problem with it, I didn't mean I just do it and no one says anything. In fact, the Intimidator crew has been really great on each trip I've made.

Friday nite as we were getting off, I was with some other geeks, one of the guys on the crew was standing in the exit and was high fiveing, so I High Fived him and told him to have a Six Flags day. :D I think his response as we were walking away was "We're Cedar Fair, we're better than them".
By Cosmo_TAD
Edwardo you really better watch out now at coaster stock. I'm gonna be looking for you, even thou I don't know your real name, what you look like, or if your even going to be there! :lol:

I'm glad we have been really great, we try to be the highlight of everybodys day, its hard to compete with the ride itself thou...
Is the supervisor the blond guy in the blue shirt with the glasses?
By KenB
I've been noticing in a number of TRs here and elsewhere that people think the midcourse "kills" the "second half" of the ride.

What am I missing here? The MCBR is located after ALL of the airtime hills, and ONLY affects the helix, which is probably only 5-10% of the "ride" track (not counting lift, station and brake runs). If the coaster ended at the MCBR, it would have been a complete ride.

I'd much rather have the MCBR where it is, only affecting the helix, rather than further back in the layout where it could potentially kill some of the airtime hills. I'd prefer the MCBR to not slow down as much as it does and for the helix to be better than it is, don't get me wrong, but it's nowhere near killing half the ride to me.
By Edwardo
Blue Moon wrote:^ :lol: Was it a supervisor (blue shirt) or an associate?

I think it was an associate :).

As for the MCBR killing the 2nd 'half', yeah, it kills the last 1/3, but still...

I understand why it's likely placed where it is, Carowinds probably wanted 3 trains for capacity, and so they put that there to run three trains. I'd have preferred 2 trains like oG's Goliath and no MCBR with maybe an extra bunny before the helix myself, but oh well.