General Carowinds discussion
By KenB
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it had originally been planned as a bunny hill right before the helix, but got changed to the MCBR to allow for 3-train operation. It's definitely an odd placement, but from what I hear of Diamondback where the midcourse is closer to the middle and really can kill the second half of the ride, I'll take it.

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have the mag brake before the pinch brakes, since those can't be turned off. If it was all pinch brakes, we could probably get a better finish when they're only running 2 trains.
By bgwfreak
OK so I'm not quoting the source, cause I don't know if this is considered inside info or not to the park but...

This person explained to me that during Coaster Stock, the trims weren't touched at all.

I find that hard to believe that I had 14 rides in a row with the 2nd trim hardly firing or not at all, and about half of those the first trim didn't fire either.

I know towards the end of the night, the train would usually be half full, but why would it run trimless only at Coaster Stock, even with a full train and hardly ever do that during normal operation?

I have had a few normal operation rides, with full trains, where the second train wouldn't fire but it's rare.
So I know this is way off topic, but I was just looking at Cedar point's website and was noticing that Dale Earnhardt Jr. was going to be there for 3 days for an event. Now I was just wondering why he wasn't there for the opening of the Intimidators like his brother and sister were. I'm not up with Nascar so I don't know when they have races and stuff so maybe he was caught up with that. Can anyone shed any light on this?
By RiDeWaRrIoR
I do belive there was a race that weekend, but I am not really sure.... I know dale jr. comes to charlotte some though, since Whiskey River is his bar..... The last time that I think he was here was for a QVC special last year... they had a huge bus type thing and thats where they did the QVC broadcast. i used to work uptown so I got to see all this stuff, dont know if he has been in town since. I am sure it was most likely a race though.
By bgwfreak
RollerCoasterMommy07 wrote:So I know this is way off topic, but I was just looking at Cedar point's website and was noticing that Dale Earnhardt Jr. was going to be there for 3 days for an event. Now I was just wondering why he wasn't there for the opening of the Intimidators like his brother and sister were. I'm not up with Nascar so I don't know when they have races and stuff so maybe he was caught up with that. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Jr. has nothing to do with DEI now that he broke away from them.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Oh yea, I forgot all about that DEI stuff with his mom and what not. Hmm, that could be why then. I am sure if he is @ Whiskey River, he might decide to go to the park, if its open... Oh well. Thanks for that, I totally forgot about that..
By RiDeWaRrIoR
RollerCoasterMommy07 wrote:Well that makes sense too lol. I didn't think about that. I was mostly just thinking that it was a coaster dedicated to his father not about all him being a part of DEI or anything. Well thanks :D .

Yea me too. I dont know why he would ignore something dedicated to his father because of DEI, other than DEI is who probaly made the agreement with the park etc for the name and all that. Oh well... or maybe he just doesnt like coasters... :lol:
By Jonathan
Returned today for the first time in over three months. Still a fantastic ride, but the trims remain an annoyance. Would have to slot it in as my #4 steel behind Magnum XL-200, Bizarro at SFNE, and Diamondback, which is the clear winner between the two for me now that I have been on both in a relatively close span of time.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Really? What makes diamondback better? Seems like the only differences in the two are the difference in the turnaround and the watersplash...interesting. Maybe I will get to Kings island one of these days. For now I am just excited to go to Kings Dominion in a week.