General Carowinds discussion
By Blue Moon
I know some here mentioned how interesting and fun it was to experience those power hours on Sunday nights during the summer... Expect that all night tonight and tomorrow night. Scarowinds only. :wink:
I just want to say that I finally got a chance to ride this towards the front and now I don't know which row I prefer the front or back. I got tons of floater air in the front, but the back was way intense. I tend to gray out at the bottom of the hill when I sit in the last seat (well the first to last seat my mom takes the very back and my sis and I sit in front of her). It just gets more and more amazing every time I ride it.
By arby
We rode Intimidator 7 times last Sunday and since it wasn't very busy my daughter and I were able to ride in the very front and the very back as well as numerous places in between. The ride was great anywhere that I sat. I still think I prefer the front half of the train as I got more air time there.

Unfortunately the trim kicked in every time that I rode but it didn't seem to ruin the ride at all.
Yea the trim hit everytime I rode as well but when I was sitting towards the front I couln't tell as bad as I could in the back..But anywhere you sit is a different experience. I also loved the airtime you got in the front part.
By Dude
Same thing here. I went last Sunday, and there was no one in the park, so i got 15 rides in without getting off. i prefer the back half because of the intense first drop! What a rush!
By pb3176
went to scarowinds sat the 16th and the park extended the line out and around the wood fence that runs along the turn around right before the station then back up to the main walk way. i looked at my phone and it was 10:57 when we got off the ride it was 11:40. i was impressed at how well the crew did with keeping the trains moving and it seemed like the line never stopped moving. it was my friends first time on the coaster lastnight and he loved it.
we went to ride night hawk and yes i secured my phone this time. the line was barely to test seat and it took forever to get on. so glad the crew on intimidator works as hard as they do to get the people on the ride as fast as they do. not only does it make the wait time more enjoyable when you are actually moving. but makes your overall ride experience greater and will draw you back to ride again and again. i hate waiting in line for a ride and im sure there are so many more that do also so once angain thanks to all the crew members that make the wait time more enjoyable by working as hard as you do to keep the line moving.
By Blue Moon
^ You may have seen everyone on the crew was wearing face paint and such.. There was a competition going on as mentioned a few posts above. From how it appears, it may be another win for the Carowinds Intimidator Crew. Thanks for participating and glad you enjoyed it.
pb3176 wrote:went to scarowinds sat the 16th and the park extended the line out and around the wood fence that runs along the turn around right before the station then back up to the main walk way. i looked at my phone and it was 10:57 when we got off the ride it was 11:40. i was impressed at how well the crew did with keeping the trains moving and it seemed like the line never stopped moving. it was my friends first time on the coaster lastnight and he loved it.
we went to ride night hawk and yes i secured my phone this time. the line was barely to test seat and it took forever to get on. so glad the crew on intimidator works as hard as they do to get the people on the ride as fast as they do. not only does it make the wait time more enjoyable when you are actually moving. but makes your overall ride experience greater and will draw you back to ride again and again. i hate waiting in line for a ride and im sure there are so many more that do also so once angain thanks to all the crew members that make the wait time more enjoyable by working as hard as you do to keep the line moving.

Believe me, the Nighthawk crew doesn't work any less hard than the Intimidator crew, they just have an extremely slow loading and dispatching ride, whereas Intimidator moves quickly in and out of the station without much hesitation. Also realize that Nighthawk has two trains that fit 24 people each and Intimidator has three trains that fit 32 people each. Just based on basic math alone, the line is going to move faster at Intimidator.
By Jay
Solution.. don't ride Nighthawk. I've only ridden it one time since its rename to Nighthawk in 2008. And that was under ERT conditions at CoasterStock last year. Taer it down etc. :roll:

Now focusing on good rides, I scored my 60th ride on Intimidator on Saturday night. Not too bad when you consider I've only been to the park 5 times + Media Day this year.

I did notice the BEAT CANADA and BEAT OHIO facepaint, and was quite amused by it as I have been on Behemoth and Diamondback. Did you guys get any questions about it from the people who were unaware? Did you guys win? Would seem like the other crews would have more experience and would do better, but I guess you guys try harder. :lol:
By Skycoastin Steve
JamminJ wrote:Solution.. don't ride Nighthawk. I've only ridden it one time since its rename to Nighthawk in 2008. And that was under ERT conditions at CoasterStock last year. Taer it down etc. :roll:

Pretty much my thoughts on that hunk of steel crap.
By billcollins531
Skycoastin Steve wrote:
JamminJ wrote:Solution.. don't ride Nighthawk. I've only ridden it one time since its rename to Nighthawk in 2008. And that was under ERT conditions at CoasterStock last year. Taer it down etc. :roll:

Pretty much my thoughts on that hunk of steel crap.

Same here. Taer it down...srsly!
I say reconstruct the area to include a ferry boat again. My favorite Carowinds attraction growing up as a child.

Congratulations to the Intimidator crew if the rumors are true, and you did win. Fantastic coaster with a fantastic crew!!
By Blue Moon

Now focusing on good rides, I scored my 60th ride on Intimidator on Saturday night. Not too bad when you consider I've only been to the park 5 times + Media Day this year.

I did notice the BEAT CANADA and BEAT OHIO facepaint, and was quite amused by it as I have been on Behemoth and Diamondback. Did you guys get any questions about it from the people who were unaware? Did you guys win? Would seem like the other crews would have more experience and would do better, but I guess you guys try harder. :lol:

Yeah, people were asking about it. I know some who had "BEAT OHIO" on their faces were thought to be referencing sports. Like the race in July, it was another win. Carowinds is 2 for 2.
By Cosmo_TAD
It wasn't just another win, it was a DOMINATION. We only lost 1 out of the 15 hours, and that hour was only by 1 cycle. The other 14 hours were won by an average of 4! The ride was operated at the maximum capacity stated by B&M and then some during the competition, the other parks really never had a chance!

Again as in July, I really enjoyed the event and look forward to continuing the tradition of Team Intimidator winning next July!

And Jammin, didn't you notice my no maple leaf face paint, it was pretty much awesome...