General Carowinds discussion
By Jonathan
I still enjoy Intimidator as much as ever too, but enough time has passed now that I have a good recognition of its flaws. It might have my favorite first half of the B&M hypers, but definitely has my least favorite second half. Seems like they didn't have any good ideas for what to do after the two return camelbacks. Diamondback does it so much better. And then you've got Apollo's Chariot, which despite being the first still manages to have the most creative and probably best return leg of them all.
By Sean978
Jonathan wrote:I still enjoy Intimidator as much as ever too, but enough time has passed now that I have a good recognition of its flaws. It might have my favorite first half of the B&M hypers, but definitely has my least favorite second half. Seems like they didn't have any good ideas for what to do after the two return camelbacks. Diamondback does it so much better. And then you've got Apollo's Chariot, which despite being the first still manages to have the most creative and probably best return leg of them all.

Really? I went on Apollo's Chariot recently and was very disappointed, it seemed slow, forceless, and the airtime was weak at best. Fun, but to me our Intimidator destroyed it in almost every way. (Please don't ban me! :lol: )
By Mr.Nitro
Jonathan wrote:I still enjoy Intimidator as much as ever too, but enough time has passed now that I have a good recognition of its flaws. It might have my favorite first half of the B&M hypers, but definitely has my least favorite second half. Seems like they didn't have any good ideas for what to do after the two return camelbacks. Diamondback does it so much better. And then you've got Apollo's Chariot, which despite being the first still manages to have the most creative and probably best return leg of them all.

Imo Apollo's Chariot is better in every way.
By Sean978
theintimidator wrote:Sean, where did you ride Apollo's Chariot? I rode in the back, and I thought the airtime was more intense than Intimidator's.

First I rode it in the 2nd row, then in the front row, and lastly in the middle towards the back. All three rides felt the same. I actually had REALLY high hopes for this ride and it really bummed me out that I didn't enjoy it. Oh well, I get to see how Diamondback feels in about a month. :) :)
By cwgator
Apollo's Chariot is my fav Hyper...not that I've been on that many. I love it. I think the landscape/scenery has a lot to do with that. I'll finally be able to compare it to Intimidator when I ride it for the first time in about a month. I'm so late to the party....lol
theintimidator wrote:I loved the old generation feel to it. I don't want to get off topic, but how is Nitro at SFGA and Goliath at SFOG compared to Intimidator? I'll be visiting both parks very soon.

I've only ridden Goliath at SFoG once last season but, to me, it seemed to have more ejector air-time than Intimidator even in the helix. I think Intimidator is a smoother ride though. Depends on what you like. Speaking of Goliath, when I was Carowinds on Saturday I heard a teenager tell his parents "There's Fury. It looks almost as big as Goliath at SF" while they were crossing Fury's bridge. I just shook my head.
The last time I was at Busch Gardens was in 2012 and rode AC in the front row, and I have to agree that it didn't feel as forceful as I remembered. It's still a great ride though, and was my first B&M Hyper so it definitely has a special place with me lol. :lol:
Sharebear010 wrote:The last time I was at Busch Gardens was in 2012 and rode AC in the front row, and I have to agree that it didn't feel as forceful as I remembered. It's still a great ride though, and was my first B&M Hyper so it definitely has a special place with me lol. :lol:

Was my first as well. Back then, 200ft drop was a really scary proposition so being less forceful was probably a good thing for a newbie.
By mark40511
AC (looking at the POV's) looks like the scenery is awesome and I can totally see that adding to the experience (kind of like you're flying through the woods and over water)! I also like the fact that they have the pre-drop. To me, the pre-drop would make the first drop a little more intense....

For the person who is going to ride Diamondback, you will love it!!