Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By FamousAmos
[b]Name[/b] Joshua Amos
Age 18
Sex Male
Where You're From Bassett, VA
Where You Live Now Bassett, VA
Mode of transportation Whoever's going in the same direction as myself (parents, friends, etc...)
Job (or school) No job yet, graduate of Bassett High School '14
Hobbies (outside parks) playing piano, writing books, filming videos, artwork, models, CADD, theme park design, I'm into a lot of stuff...
College Attending I am currently a Freshman at Patrick Henry Community College here in Martinsville, VA. After two years I plan to transfer to Virginia Commonwealth University to complete my bachelors in applied arts and sciences also majoring in music composition and performance (mainly Piano). Afterward, I plan to attend Virginia Tech and major in three types of Architecture (landscape, interior/exterior, and construction) and minor in electrical, plumbing, and the like. I would also like to get a business management degree.
Video Game Systems Owned Sega Genisis, Nintendo (the OLD one), PS1, PS2, PS3. But I hardly play video games anymore (yet I am interested in designing them :eh: )
Favorite Game(s) The Crash Bandicoot Series, The Destroy All Human Series, The Simpsons Hit & Run
Music you listen to That all depends on who I'm with. I'll listen to anything, but it doesn't mean that I like it. But I like Country, but mostly movie soundtracks and instrumental music.
Favorite Movie(s) I have two all time favorites: Jim Henson's Labyrinth (1986), and James Cameron's Titanic (1996). Both of which have had a huge impact on my life. After watching Titanic as a 2 year old, then a few years later, my artistic career was initiated. Also, Walt Disney's The Haunted Mansion (2003) influenced my love for Architecture. I have been designing a mansion for the past 10 years and I am nowhere near completion.
Favorite Book(s) I have only recently begun reading books and finding enjoyment out of it. I started with Mockingjay, then the Divergent Series. But one influential book for me was H.G. Wells' The War of The Worlds. That would initiate my love for technology and changing the future through technological innovations.
Favorite Food(s) Uh, I'll eat just about anything (but I have a soft spot for Lay's original potato chips, Italian food, and Hershey's Kisses)
Favorite TV Show(s) Well, I grew up with M.A.S.H., Gilligan's Island, I Love Lucy, The Nanny, the Simpsons, Family Guy, All of which I love and still watch to this day.
What brought you to CC Well, in December of 2013, I came across this site whilst reading about rumors for Carowinds. Finally, after following this forum for several months, I became a member, and I have been very happy since.
How Long have you been interested in amusement parks? Well, I also grew up with Roller Coaster Tycoon (1 & 2). That is when my love for roller coasters and theme parks in general started, however, I will go into detail here so bare with me please.
When the Haunted Mansion movie came out, that is when my love for the haunted mansion ride came to be. Then I fell in love with the Disney Parks and I know very much about them (even though I have never set foot in one of their parks). The Haunted Mansion is and always will be my favorite ride and I hope to one day ride it. As of right now, I am creating a working replica of said ride, but this will take me a few years at my current pace.
But back on track here. I love RCT 1 & 2. But I had never been on a roller coaster. At the end of my 8th grade year in 2010, I had my first ever visit to an amusement park, that park was Carowinds. My first ride was Ricochet and ever since that day, I have been a coaster enthusiast.
How Long have you been visiting Carowinds? Ever since 2010.
Favorite Coaster At Carowinds As of right now, Intimidator.
Favorite non-coaster attraction at Carowinds This might sound strange (and it's not even considered an attraction), but I really enjoy walking around the park on a beautiful day, listening the the screams, watching people as they either ride for the first time, or get off of a ride. The amusement park atmosphere is peaceful to me and I enjoy it very much.
Favorite amusement park Has and always will be Carowinds
Anything Else?Well, I have enough to say. So much that I could write a series of books... Oh wait, I'm already doing that. If you ever see me and I have my black folder with me (which is dilapidated and half covered in duct tape), try not to question it. I have used it to document the last 5 years of my life. That is my series of books (which need to be typed). Everything that I consider important is written. It's like a living documentary about a teenager who goes through high school, then struggles to get through college (but we'll see how that turns out). Every day is a battle that must be fought valiantly. Every day I get up wondering what will happen, who I will talk to, what will I get done, and other things. I realize that I speak for millions of Americans who have the same struggles in life, so I am no different than anyone else. If you have read this far, I congratulate you. I hope that you found this post very informative. Also, I live by this motto: Make Each Day Count. I hope that you will too.
Thank you.
By PatrickMcPherson
Name: Patrick
Sex: Male
Where You're From: Charlotte, NC
Where You Live Now: Hickory/ Lincolnton, NC
Mode of Transportation: 2002 Toyota Avalon
Job (or School): Discovery High School
Hobbies (outside parks): Balsa bridge building, modeling, astronomy, watching sports, and generally anything coaster related
Sports Teams You Cheer For: Auburn University, Carolina Panthers, Hornets
College Attended/Attending/Hope to Attend: Either Georgia Tech, or NC State University pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360, Xbox One
Favorite Game(s): Midnight Club: Los Angeles. I love nearly all racing games though.
Music You Listen To: I'm a huge KISS fan (I went to their concert at PNC this summer), although I enjoy nearly all genres
Favorite Movie(s): The Godfather, I also love Top Gun and enjoy many action flicks
Favorite Book(s): Again The Godfather, but I grew up on the Harry Potter series
Favorite Food(s): Eggplant Parmesean
Favorite TV Show(s): South Park, Tosh.0, Key & Peele, and Sportscenter
What brought you to Carowinds Connection: A friend recomended it to me
How long you have been interested in amusement parks: My enitre life
How long you have been visiting Carowinds: Since about age 2. I've been a seasons pass holder since my age made it a requirement for park admission.
Favorite roller coaster at Carowinds: Top-Gun
Favorite non-coaster attraction at Carowinds: Rip Roarin' Rapids
Favorite amusement park: Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure
Favorite roller coaster: Hollwood Rip Ride Rockit (The non-inverted loop is so fun)
Favorite non-coaster ride: The Log Flume at Universal
Anything else you want to say:
By theamusementwire
My name is Brian Mitchell. I am 30 years old and am from Charlottesville, VA. I became interested in Theme Parks during physics class in high school as a math teacher got me into it. I began my own theme park news website The Amusement Wire in Sept 2010 after I decided to focus on a positive image for the parks away from the negativity that came of the many enthusiast groups at times and I wanted to focus on professional news and not rumors and keep that positive image for the parks. In my spare time outside of theme parks I do have a social life and full time career. I have worked in the hotel industry for 12 years now and my first hotel job was at Hotel Breakers at Cedar Point in Sandusky OH. I currently work for Omni Hotels & Resorts and am coming up on 3 years with them. I see my website as a side hobby to share with others, and I am looking forward to what the future holds for the amusement industry.
By aoriole19
Name: Alexis
Sex: F
Where You're From: Concord, NC
Where You Live Now: Boston, MA
Job (or School): MIT
Hobbies (outside parks): Ultimate frisbee, nail art
Sports Teams You Cheer For: Duke blue devils, Panthers
College Attending: MIT - math major, possibly double in philosophy
Music You Listen To: One Direction (don't hate me), Avril Lavigne, Owl City, The Ready Set, Billy Joel, Jukebox the Ghost
Favorite Movie(s): The Kings of Summer, Space Jam
Favorite Food(s): Cheese
Favorite TV Show(s): SpongeBob
What brought you to Carowinds Connection: I don't even remember; it was in like '09
How long you have been interested in amusement parks: About 7 years
Favorite roller coaster at Carowinds: Intimidator
Favorite non-coaster attraction at Carowinds: Drop Tower or Woodstock Gliders
Favorite amusement park: Carowinds <3
Favorite roller coaster: All of them! Maverick, Millenium Force, The Beast, Intimidator
Favorite non-coaster ride: Drop towers and gliders are always great
Anything else you want to say: Meep
Last edited by aoriole19 on January 29th, 2016, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Carowindsman
Name: Bayard
Sex: M
Where You're From: Tampa, Florida
Where You Live Now: Indian Trail, NC
Job (or School): Service Advisor
Hobbies (outside parks): Football, Work Out, Remote Control Cars
Sports Teams You Cheer For: Duke blue devils, Panthers
College Attending: MIT - Graduated
Music You Listen To: Almost anything
Favorite Movie(s): Avengers, Batman, Guardians of the Galaxy, Days of Thunder, Top Gun
Favorite Food(s): Steak, Shrimp
Favorite TV Show(s): Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Family Feud, Gotham, Agents of Shield, Flash
What brought you to Carowinds Connection: Started working at Carowinds in 03 wanted to meet fans
How long you have been interested in amusement parks: 20 plus years
Favorite roller coaster at Carowinds: Afterburn
Favorite non-coaster attraction at Carowinds: Woodstock Gliders
Favorite amusement park: Carowinds
Favorite roller coaster: A lot
Favorite non-coaster ride: Gliders
Anything else you want to say: Woot Woot
By CarowindsCentral
Name: Dylan
Where You're From: Rock Hill, SC
Where You Live Now: Lake Wylie, SC
Hobbies (outside parks): Gaming
Video Game Systems Owned: Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360.
Favorite Game(s): GTA V, Team Fortress 2.
Music You Listen To: Michael Jackson, Gorillaz, Starbomb.
Favorite Movie(s): National Lampoon's Vacation.
Favorite TV Show(s): Nostalgia Critic, Todd in the Shadows (They're YouTube shows but i'll count them...)
How long you have been interested in amusement parks: 2 years.
How long you have been visiting Carowinds: May 2014 was my first trip.
Favorite roller coaster at Carowinds: Carolina Goldrusher
Favorite non-coaster attraction at Carowinds: Scrambler
Favorite amusement park: Walt Disney World
Favorite roller coaster: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Favorite non-coaster ride: Test Track
By cameronmbrown1
Name: Cameron
Where You're From: Charlotte, NC
Where You Live Now: Charlotte, NC
Job (or School): AKHS
Hobbies (outside parks): Rockets
Sports Teams You Cheer For: Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hounds, the Hornets
College Attended/Attending/Hope to Attend: Wake Forest, NC State, USC
Favorite Game(s): NoLimits (1 and 2), COD
Music You Listen To: Whatever comes on
Favorite Movie(s): The Heat, Guardians of the Galaxy
Favorite Book(s): I hate reading
Favorite Food(s): I eat everything :crazy:
Favorite TV Show(s): Friends, the Middle, Welcome to Myrtle Manor
What brought you to Carowinds Connection: Been on here for a while just looking around, then decided to sign up
How long you have been interested in amusement parks: As long as I can remember
How long you have been visiting Carowinds: 2000-2001
Favorite roller coaster at Carowinds: Fury 325
Favorite non-coaster attraction at Carowinds: RipCord, Drop Zone
Favorite amusement park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Favorite roller coaster: Verbolten
Favorite non-coaster ride: Falcon's Fury
Anything else you want to say: I'm new here, would love to meet you guys, I'm a member of ACE.
By Sivart
Hey everyone! I just joined this site about 30 minutes ago, and I figured I would make my first post in this thread.

Name: Travis

Where You're From: Mississippi

Where You Live Now: Mississippi :cry:

Hobbies (outside parks): Music, especially Hip Hop.

Sports Teams You Cheer For: Charlotte Hornets & the Carolina Panthers all day!

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360 and a Wii, I don't play video games very often though.

Favorite Game(s): Minecraft, Batman: Arkham City

Music You Listen To: Lil' Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj, 2 Chainz, Migos, Rae Sremmurd, Lil' Mouse.

Favorite Movie(s): I'm not a big "movie person", but Guardians of The Galaxy is my favorite movie.

Favorite Book(s): I don't like reading books, so I don't have a favorite.

Favorite Food(s): Dollywood Grist Mill Cinnamon Bread (w/ icing) & Dollywood Ms. Lillian's Fried Chicken...

Favorite TV Show(s): 106 & Park, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Saturday Night Live, Wendy Williams Show...

What brought you to Carowinds Connection: Someone mentioned it in an opening day vlog at Carowinds, and since my mom & I are strongly considering that we move to Charlotte, and since I'm a coaster enthusiast, I joined the site.

How long have you been interested in amusement parks: 3 years (since early 2012)
By Sivart
Sivart wrote:Hey everyone! I just joined this site about 30 minutes ago, and I figured I would make my first post in this thread.

Name: Travis

Where You're From: Mississippi

Where You Live Now: Mississippi :cry:

Hobbies (outside parks): Music, especially Hip Hop.

Sports Teams You Cheer For: Charlotte Hornets & the Carolina Panthers all day!

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360 and a Wii, I don't play video games very often though.

Favorite Game(s): Minecraft, Batman: Arkham City

Music You Listen To: Lil' Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj, 2 Chainz, Migos, Rae Sremmurd, Lil' Mouse.

Favorite Movie(s): I'm not a big "movie person", but Guardians of The Galaxy is my favorite movie.

Favorite Book(s): I don't like reading books, so I don't have a favorite.

Favorite Food(s): Dollywood Grist Mill Cinnamon Bread (w/ icing) & Dollywood Ms. Lillian's Fried Chicken...

Favorite TV Show(s): 106 & Park, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Saturday Night Live, Wendy Williams Show...

What brought you to Carowinds Connection: Someone mentioned it in an opening day vlog at Carowinds, and since my mom & I are strongly considering that we move to Charlotte, and since I'm a coaster enthusiast, I joined the site.

How long have you been interested in amusement parks: 3 years (since early 2012)

Favorite amusement park: SeaWorld Orlando

Favorite roller coaster: Incredible Hulk

Favorite non-coaster ride: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Just added some questions I forgot.
By Ace
Name: Matt
Sex: male
Where You're From: Greensboro, NC
Where You Live Now: Greensboro, NC
Mode of Transportation: pickup truck
Job (or School): Automotive molding mechanic
Hobbies (outside parks): golf, camping, fishing
Sports Teams You Cheer For: Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets, Atlanta Braves, Clemson Tigers
College Attended/Attending/Hope to Attend: Lenoir Rhyne University, GTCC
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3, XBOX360
Favorite Game(s): mostly action games, sports and shooters and racing
Music You Listen To: just about anything
Favorite Movie(s): Never ending story
Favorite Book(s): ha, dont read books
Favorite Food(s): Oriental, hibachi
Favorite TV Show(s): Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad
What brought you to Carowinds Connection: Chris
How long you have been interested in amusement parks: started not being scared in grade school
How long you have been visiting Carowinds: early 90's
Favorite roller coaster at Carowinds: split between Top Gun, I know I know and Intimidator, anxious about Fury
Favorite non-coaster attraction at Carowinds: Woodstock Gliders
Favorite amusement park: Disney's Magic Kingdom
Favorite roller coaster: Thunderhead aka headache machine at Dollywood
Favorite non-coaster ride: Acrophobia, Six Flags Over Georgia
Anything else you want to say: Glad to be a part of this awesome site and hope I can make it better
By GCI Wooden
Name: Josh
Where You Live Now: Minnesota
Hobbies (outside parks): I enjoy meteorology, hiking, and kayaking.
Sports Teams You Cheer For: N/A
Music You Listen To: Varies by mood or who I'm with. Personally I've been listening to Cozi Zuehlsdorff's "Originals" album
Favorite Movie(s): I don't know. I'm not good at picking favorites.
Favorite Book(s): Probably Paper Towns by John Green
Favorite Food(s): Chicken Parmesean and sesame chicken
Favorite TV Show(s): Parks and Recreation
What brought you to Carowinds Connection: Found it on Facebook.
How long you have been interested in amusement parks: As long as I can remember. I've loved roller coasters before I could ride them, and before I even liked riding them. I used to be petrified of them.
How long you have been visiting Carowinds: I haven't actually been to Carowinds yet...
Favorite amusement park: That's tough. I'm partial to Valleyfair because it is my home park, I liked the atmosphere of Indiana Beach, and I liked the rides at Six Flags Great America. I like all these parks for different reasons.
Favorite roller coaster: Either Raging Bull or Goliath at Six Flags Great America.
Favorite non-coaster ride: Indiana Beach's drop tower was astounding.
Anything else you want to say: You may recognize me from TPR or Coaster Insanity (Same username). I run Amusement Park News on Facebook and @Amusement_News on Twitter
By sclisso
Name: Shawn Clisso
Where You're From: Lashmeet, WV
Where You Live Now: Mooresville, NC
Mode of Transportation: 2011 Chevy Malibu
Job (or School): Accountant II for Delhaize America (Food Lion)
Hobbies (outside parks): Hiking, Kayaking, traveling, eating.
Sports Teams You Cheer For: Not into sports, but I feel like I have to root for WV.
College Attended/Attending/Hope to Attend: Concord University
Favorite Game(s): RCT 1, 2 and 3. No Limits 2, Simcity, Pokemon, About anything else Nintendo puts out.
Music You Listen To: Alternative, Electronic
Favorite Movie(s): Tron Legacy, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars, Hunger Games, uhh...
Favorite Food(s): Pizza and Pumpkin spice anything are my two weaknesses in life.
Favorite TV Show(s): Walking Dead, Orange is the New Black, American Horror Story, SNL, South Park
What brought you to Carowinds Connection: I have watched this site for years. Finally moved down this way and thought I would come join the community and see if I can make some new friends!
How long you have been interested in amusement parks: I loved rides before I even liked riding them. But I think I officially became an enthusiast in 2006 after riding my first coaster-- Thunder Road.
How long you have been visiting Carowinds: My first carowinds visit was in 2003.
Favorite roller coaster at Carowinds: Fury 325!
Favorite non-coaster attraction at Carowinds: I enjoy drop tower quite a bit.
Favorite amusement park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Favorite roller coaster: Skyrush at Hershey
Favorite non-coaster ride:Barnstormer at Dollywood.
Anything else you want to say:I'm very excited to be joining and I hope that I can meet some new people down here. I'm new to the area, so I'm (sorta) alone and would love to have some new carowinds buddies. Please add me on facebook if you'd like. With my unique last name, I'm not hard to find. =)
By CoasterAddict11
Name: Matthew
Where You're From: Florida
Where You Live Now: Minnesota
Hobbies (outside parks): Movie watching, playing trumpet, meteorology.
Sports Teams You Cheer For: St. Cloud State Huskies, Minnesota Vikings, Minnesota Twins
College Attending: St. Cloud State University
Video Game Systems Owned: Wii U and PSP
Music You Listen To: I'll listen to most genres of music, though I prefer classical.
Favorite Movie(s): Back to the Future, Rocky, Star Wars
Favorite TV Show(s): I don't watch a lot of TV.
What brought you to Carowinds Connection: Google search.
How long you have been interested in amusement parks: Since a trip to Islands of Adventure in junior high.
How long you have been visiting Carowinds: Haven't been to Carowinds yet, but I'll be going for the first time this summer.
Favorite amusement park: Cedar Point
Favorite roller coaster: Millennium
Favorite non-coaster ride: S&S Screamin' Swings
Anything else you want to say: Glad to be here!