General Carowinds discussion
By Capler
FamousAmos wrote:I'm not upset by Thunder Road's removal. Especially since several of us know what is coming in the near future. :wink:
Carowinds should convince Norfolk & Southern to sell that un-used land north of Hurler :think:

Man will be on Mars before Norfolk Southern sells any of their right a ways.
By kdman76
I can't wait to make my first trip to Carowinds in 34 years. I am planning now for next year. Can't wait to check out Fury. Also next year will give me the chance to ride imo three of the best flat rides and a top scan is one of them.
So do you guys think you will be getting anything else? What about those classic rides the cedar fair pickers were looking for in Europe?
By chknwing
psychoticbiotic wrote:Does anyone think the spot where Dinos Alive is would be a great spot for several new flats? I think that would be pretty cool.

DA is where we are putting the huge 2017 attraction...
By redrunner97
^ and the spot across from Carolina Cobra is where the Triotech dark ride will be placed in 2018 (to go with Vortex 2: Electric Rougarou). :shifty:
By coasterbruh
Wishlist thread No.6???
By redrunner97
kdman76 wrote:I can't wait to make my first trip to Carowinds in 34 years. I am planning now for next year. Can't wait to check out Fury. Also next year will give me the chance to ride imo three of the best flat rides and a top scan is one of them.
So do you guys think you will be getting anything else? What about those classic rides the cedar fair pickers were looking for in Europe?

Now that's a good question!
By FamousAmos
And Intimidator will be getting the VR treatment. Or was I not allowed to say that??

Do you think that this new flat ride will have music added to it? Perhaps it can be timed with the lighting effects. :think:
By redrunner97
^ Mondial rides are kinda known for their awesome light packages. My mind just goes straight to night rides on this thing and how cool it will look flashing all kinds of different colors, hopefully synced to some kind of retro/upbeat carnival music to add a little to the lax County Fair theme (again, that's assuming it actually gets placed there).

I just made a mock-up of a potential ride logo and thought I'd share with you guys (lol. It's late and I honestly have nothing better to do!), using "Meteorite" as a stand-in for whatever name they end up choosing, just to show what I'd like to see the overarching theme of County Fair become as a whole. Go all out with the light and music, literally soak that entire section of the park in neon and amp up the carnival vibes. Make it a little seedy -maybe a little grungy too- without compromising the retro fair feel and I might never leave that area!

By gabed
Love that logo! Although it does look a bit Christmasy with the red background of the card. :lol:
By SROS Master
I personally am very excited for this new flat ride. I have ridden the one at Canadas Wonderland quite a few times, and it is hands down the best inverting flat I have ever ridden. It is like riding a Chaos flat, but on steroids, especially if you sit on the outermost seat.
By kdman76
redrunner97 wrote:
kdman76 wrote:I can't wait to make my first trip to Carowinds in 34 years. I am planning now for next year. Can't wait to check out Fury. Also next year will give me the chance to ride imo three of the best flat rides and a top scan is one of them.

Now that's a good question!

I see a Bayern Kurve named Wild Bull being another "new" flat for 2016 or 2017.
By coasterbruh
Yep . . . Another wishlist thread.