General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
^ dude, no means no. No one knows about the thing covered in tarps that has been mo . . . Nevermind.
pproteinc wrote:Yup it's going in the new warehouse until 2017....

Says who?
By RollerBee
^Well Canada's Wonderland brought some slides and they were installed this year, they came from a nearby waterpark that closed. I think CW brought them in like 2013.
By arby
Just to add more to what Jarvis said, they had us drive around the perimeter of the park to the water park construction. On the way, I spied the flat ride in the same location that it was before. No word on it other than the park said there were no further announcements for 2016, which doesn't mean anything. It could go in next year with no announcement, or it could be waiting on the new warehouse to be built for it to be refurbished for a future year.

Essentially we know nothing more than anybody who didn't go other than that it is still at the same spot it was originally spotted.
By coasterbruh
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:I didnt take the picture, but i promise there was no trespassing.

You got 10 seconds to say where that picture came from or else . . . (slams trunk full of your love ones)

tarheel1231 wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:
chknwing wrote:So they stated that phase 1 was fury 325, phase 2 is this water park expansion. both big investments. What could phase 3 possibly be? hotel? revamped county fair?

Flats! Flats all over the park!

Phase 3 came a lot faster than I thought it would.

:thumbup: :wave:
By tylerSC
RollerBee wrote:So did ya'll find out anything about this flat ride?

Apparently the Top Scan will be one of 5 refurbished flat rides coming to Carowinds in 2017, according to the LA Times and the Charlotte Observer. Although no official announcement yet from Cedar Fair.
By coasterbruh
Did you really just quote this from dec when we have been actively talking about the other 4 ? :lol: