Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
aoriole19 wrote:For any of you guys that have been to Coaster Con, I'm looking for some advice.

I don’t remember the cost but if you’re planning on going preregister as soon as you can. They started limiting the amount of tickets as the event became so packed and it can sell out quick.

If you’re in a budget the Motel 6 in Hudson is close, cheap, and clean.

There’s ERT in the morning before opening and at nite after close, lunch, and usually a gift. I got a nice gatekeeper fleece jacket.

The event is worth it if you go. Lots of riding, esp now that they limit tickets.
By gabed
A-z coasters wrote:Introducing BORG Assimilator, new for 2004!!
CD52C31C-F194-487D-B66A-4A5FE6F8FF30.jpeg

Called it
Edwardo wrote:There’s ERT in the morning before opening and at nite after close, lunch, and usually a gift. I got a nice gatekeeper fleece jacket.

That sounds amazing. At the moment my personal choice is to spend my (currently very limited) money on a spring break trip instead, and try to get a ticket for the 2019 con.

Thanks for your advice!
Even tho it looks like trains for the Bat, I feel it does fit the theme of Diamondback better. They better not try this with Fury’s trains. The blue against the green just works. Don’t get me wrong the black against the green would look dope but Timmy already have black seats.
Well folks...Dollywood has ended their arrive after 3, get next day free ticket. That was a great deal especially if you are only able to go once a year.

https://www.pigeonforgetnguide.com/blog/news/dollywood-ends-arrive-after-3-get-next-day-free/#

Rumors have been swirling about Dollywood no longer offering their “Arrive after 3pm and get the next day free” deal that they have offered for years. We have now confirmed that this rumor is true after speaking with multiple reps from Dollywood. This deal has been utilized by visitors for many years in order to maximize the number of rides and shows for the price of admission. Dollywood has not made this “public” yet, so please help us spread the word by sharing this article with your friends and family. We do not want people to show up at Dollywood after 3 expecting the deal they have always gotten only to be shocked that it no longer exists. Also, there’s always a chance that Dollywood could change their mind before the season starts, and if they do we will happily update this article and share it immediately!
Mini Trip Report/Ride Review:

Today at work, my manager allowed me to ride the “X-Rider” which is a VR Motion Simulator attraction manufactured by Simuline. The ride utilizes Samsung Gear VR headsets, an 8 person motion base, and wind blowers. I got to pick from a choice of four movies. I believe it was between the Great Wall of China, a space battle, dinosaurs, and a futuristic city. I chose the latter two.

My first movie was the futuristic city, and it was pretty incredible. You start out flying through a desert over sand dunes and through the remains of giant animals before diving into a large metropolis with flying cars and mile-high skyscrapers. Apparently you’re chasing after someone, so a laser shootout ensues. It really felt like I was riding the Coruscant Chase scene from Attack of the Clones.

The dinosaur movie was kind of meh. It started out pretty good, as riders soar on the back of a Pterodactyl. The drops were pretty convincing with the amount of wind being pumped out, but the story was pretty anticlimactic. You almost steal a dinosaur egg from a T-Rex and it roars you off of a cliff. It may sound interesting but the sequence was pretty boring in person. You fall back onto the Pterodactyl and fly into the side of two Brachiosaurs craning their necks and the ride ends.

Overall, it’s a pretty decent attraction. It’s located at Spare Time in Huntersville, so check it out if you’re in the area. Hope to see more of these attractions pop up.

It seems that VR in theme parks has largely been limited to coasters and haunts, though Busch Gardens Williamsburg is converting Europe in the Air to a VR attraction. There’s not really anything like the VR attraction elsewhere in the Charlotte area, as small as it is. With fleshed out storylines themed queues, VR simulators like these could be some of the most immersive attractions at theme parks.
tarheel1231 wrote:It seems that VR in theme parks has largely been limited to coasters and haunts, though Busch Gardens Williamsburg is converting Europe in the Air to a VR attraction. There’s not really anything like the VR attraction elsewhere in the Charlotte area, as small as it is. With fleshed out storylines themed queues, VR simulators like these could be some of the most immersive attractions at theme parks.

SeaWorld Orlando has removed VR from Kraken, but it may return.
By gabed
Well thank God, it was awful. I really didn’t think Kraken was THAT bad but the VR was downright terrible. From the piss poor execution on the park’s end to the fact that the VR was never synced correctly to the ride. I rode it once with and once without and found the VR free experience to be far superior