Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By gabed
Four months from this Saturday I’ll be starting my annual summer road trip across the country. Going to seven parks, four of which will be my first visit. These are:

Marineland
Canada’s Wonderland
Darien Lake
Kennywood

Would appreciate any help/advice for these parks.

Keep in mind that:

- I am going alone this time around, will this be an issue at any parks? I’ve heard Kennywood does not allow single riders on select rides.

- I will also be going to Niagara Falls on the same day that I go to Marineland

- I will be spending 1 1/2 days at Canada’s Wonderland

Thanks!
By dirkdiggler1992
With Thunderbolt you will have to ride with someone. If it’s a busy day there should be plenty of odd number groups you can pair with. If it’s slow a ride op may ride with you, so don’t fret over it.

You may want to search on the Reddit sub about CW. Also avoid weekends if possible at CW and Kennywood. Brace yourself for Kennywood and prepare for one train ops.

I’ve done 3/4 of my trips solo since I was 18 and I honestly enjoy it more than bringing non-enthusiast family and friends who can’t really keep up.
By Edwardo
Expect a few hours sitting at the border coming back into the US. Especially when they ask why you were in Canada and you tell them you went to ride coasters.
By gabed
Edwardo wrote:Expect a few hours sitting at the border coming back into the US. Especially when they ask why you were in Canada and you tell them you went to ride coasters.

Should I expect a similar headache entering Canada or just coming back to the US?
By gabed
Edwardo wrote:It’s easy to get out of the US. Not so much coming back in. Are you staying overnite in Canada?

Yep! Three days three nights.

1 Day at Niagara / Marineland
1 Day at Canada’s Wonderland
1/2 Day at Canada’s Wonderland / 1/2 day exploring Toronto
We will head out that next morning for Darien Lake.
By gabed
Edwardo wrote:We? I thought you were going by yourself?

I have family coming with who are doing touristy things around the parks, but I’m going into the parks by myself.
By Edwardo
Ok that’s different. You’ll probably still be in line to get back in the US for a while but if you’re staying a few days and with family you should be fine. I’m heading up July 4 week.
By gabed
Edwardo wrote:Ok that’s different. You’ll probably still be in line to get back in the US for a while but if you’re staying a few days and with family you should be fine. I’m heading up July 4 week.

You’ll be entering right as I leave then :lol:, I’m crossing back over the border the week before the 4th.
By arby
Funny, I have the exact opposite experience when I go to Canada. I go a few times a year for work and actually will be in Canada next week. I have had a much harder time getting into Canada. I get very few questions coming back into the U.S.

I'm guessing that border operations may be quite different around Niagra Falls (where most people enter to go to CW) compared to where I cross the border in the middle of Québec. It's been over 30 years since I crossed the boarder at Niagra and a lot has changed since then.

I must look sketchy because one time they didn't believe that I worked for a company headquartered in Canada, and they wouldn't let me in until I was able to prove that my airline reservations and car rental were, in fact, purchased by the company I work for.

EDIT: From my experience entering CA, they usually want a good reason why you want to enter CA, exactly where you are staying, how long you will be there, and most importantly, when will you be leaving.
By Edwardo
gabed wrote:
Edwardo wrote:Ok that’s different. You’ll probably still be in line to get back in the US for a while but if you’re staying a few days and with family you should be fine. I’m heading up July 4 week.

You’ll be entering right as I leave then :lol:, I’m crossing back over the border the week before the 4th.

I’m heading to the niagra area then to Canada a few days, then flying to NoLa for a concert that week.
By gabed
Update: Seabreeze has been added to the roster!

I’ll be visiting on the evening of the same day I go to Darien Lake. All tips are appreciated!