General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
That's just not true at all. I don't know how many times I have to say this but Cedar Fair felt Carowinds was UNDERSIZED and UNDER-INVESTED in. KD and Carowinds were NOT (and still aren't) on level footing.
By psychoticbiotic
^In addition to that need I point out the obvious that we, too, lost a coaster? And not just any coaster, but a cherished and historically important one at that? Shockwave may have been loved by many, but I just don't think it was quite as important to KD as Thunder Road was to us. The pushback I saw on Facebook didn't seem to generate quite the vehemence that our Thunder Road conundrum did.

Also, a lot of our attractions are hand-me-downs too (Cobra came from Geauga Lake, Cirque du whatever-it's-called isn't an original show, etc). Just sayin'. We may have got an amazing new coaster here, but it's not all daisies.
By coasterbruh
KDCOASTERFAN wrote:So unfair. We lost a coaster(for a flat ride) and havn't gotten a new one since 2010 and here they are giving carowinds yet another ride at the last minute in addition to what was already announced!!! Now I'm not a fan of this particular ride but still it's not fair or right.

They probably took this one from canada's wonderland to make way for some new future ride there....wouldn't suprise me if KD's delerium turns out to be a hand me down from canada's wonderland and not a brand new ride,which if true would be even more unfair to do to us.

waaaaaa waaaaaa. Geesh! I HIGHLY doubt they just woke up last week and said "hey lets get a flat ride too!". Some of us "heard" :wave: about a flat ride being in the equation way before the water park expansion being announced. If most other "fans" of KD are like you I could see why cedar fair would ignore the self righteous, we deserve the world but don't have the numbers to prove it, lets forget ALL the capital investments over the last year fans like you.

What makes you think KD DESERVES more than what it has received? Oh the park hadn't gotten a coaster since 2010 . . . that's most parks in America. Plenty of people would LOVE to have KD as their home park.

By RollerBee
KDCOASTERFAN, All that fussing but are you renewing your season pass and/or buying tickets?

I ain't renewing my family's season passes for Carowinds because I don't agree with Thunder Road's removal. I am spending the Carowinds budget on going to other parks next summer and building a HO scale amusement park. That said, Carowinds has gotten my attention with this Mondial Top Scan.
Good move Carowinds but it still ain't a good wooden coaster! However I can't say that I won't buy discounted Carowinds tickets and go one time next summer. 1 visit compared to the 12 I went in 2015.....

Coasterbruh made a good point, I would trade Kings Dominion for Carowinds I could. Rebel Yell, Grizzly, Anaconda, Flight of Fear and Dominator would be worth it

Posted edit to point at target.
Last edited by RollerBee on November 8th, 2015, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By coasterbruh
Hey kettle, you did just as much fussing and you are STILL coming to the park. Do I agree with everything the park does? Nope. Do I be civil and voice my concern without having a hissy fit? I try my best.

But you show em roller, show them by not renewing that pass. Im sure the park is lamenting more over the loss of you vs mike . . .

:lol: :lol: :D :mrgreen:
By RollerBee
Oh yes I care if park management laments not having my money. :sarcasm:
I ain't fussing.....
Just encouraging putting money in other businesses, Tweetsie Railroad sure looks nice and is locally owned! Building models is fun and Swamp Fox is too!

Plus I gave Carowinds a compliment.
By psychoticbiotic
RollerBee wrote:^^All that fussing but are you renewing your season pass and/or buying tickets?

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as "fussing". I was trying to show my opinion that I didn't agree with TR's removal (or the way it was handled on the PR end of things) in a realistic manner. I'm not privy to all the relevant information at this point though, so I'm just going off of what's officially been made known to me--which is very little.

I sincerely hope the park does well, as I want for Cedar Fair to continue to invest in it. But I think next year may be a bit too soon for me to return and see a giant hole where a great coaster once stood. But who knows? Maybe I'll change my mind by then. Time will tell.

I am glad to see another flat coming, as we all know this is something Carowinds has been lacking for a long time. It's just not enough to make me forget about what's happened...yet.
By RollerBee
^My post was directed at KDCOASTERFAN, I agree with you. I either miscounted or the system multiple post were made while I took time typing mine.
By coaster129
KDCOASTERFAN wrote:So unfair. We lost a coaster(for a flat ride) and havn't gotten a new one since 2010 and here they are giving carowinds yet another ride at the last minute in addition to what was already announced!!! Now I'm not a fan of this particular ride but still it's not fair or right.

They probably took this one from canada's wonderland to make way for some new future ride there....wouldn't suprise me if KD's delerium turns out to be a hand me down from canada's wonderland and not a brand new ride,which if true would be even more unfair to do to us.

What is really unfair, is I spent my time to read this comment, which is pure stupity. Here's why we lost a coaster. http://carolinaharbor.carowinds.com/?_g ... 1447019423

We got a Coaster last year, we needed an update to the water park.. By the way, you miss spelled "haven't" wrong. Bye Felica. :wave:
By shane235

KD: Gets awesome B&M floorless coaster.

Carowinds: Gets crappy Vekoma boomerang.

KD: Gets amazing Intamin Giga coaster.

Carowinds: Gets smaller B&M hyper coaster.

KD: Gets incredible 40th anniversary celebration/renovation.

Carowinds: It's been 40 years? No celebration/renovation.

KD: No major new attractions.

Carowinds: Starts getting good attractions (Fury, Carolina Harbor, etc.).

KD: Loses Shockwave, a terrible TOGO standup that very few people enjoyed.

Carowinds: Loses Plantation House and Thunder Road, both historic and memorable pieces of the park that people actually cared about.

Please explain to me again WHY you are upset?
By JEdMc91
coaster129 wrote:

What is really unfair, is I spent my time to read this comment, which is pure stupity. Here's why we lost a coaster. http://carolinaharbor.carowinds.com/?_g ... 1447019423

We got a Coaster last year, we needed an update to the water park.. By the way, you miss spelled "haven't" wrong. Bye Felica. :wave:

I have to do it.....speaking of misspelled words...*stupidity *misspelled :lol: #JK
By pproteinc

Explain to me why CW would give up two popular high capacity rides in the biggest park I'm Canada?? Both rides are still standing and operating. CW's top scan Shockwave is blue and their giant frisbee Psyclone is still a major ride there. Yes we all are upset about Thunder Road and I'm sure we'll see a great woodie soon. These new addition in the meantime will hold us until then.
By coasterbruh
No, WE are not ALL upset about thunder road . . .
By psychoticbiotic
^In all fairness though, I think it's safe to say a significant proportion of us are upset about it.

Some of us are privileged to have a better view of the road ahead but as I said before, I can only make decisions based on the information I've been given. And the only information that I've been given is: A) that TR was removed to make way for "family friendly" attractions, and B) what I perceived to be a condescending comment that TR's removal is essentially our fault because "people vote with their feet". Now, we may get something totally amazing in the future to fill the void that TR left, but as for now all I know is we're getting some slides I'll never ride and an empty grass lot. Well, and a new flat (which brings us back to the topic of this thread, and for which I really am happy about, despite the apparent tone of my post).