General Carowinds discussion
By swampfox43
I received this press release today.
Ten couples will experience the ups and downs of marriage in an out of
this world wedding on the BORG Assimilator at Paramount's Carowinds on Thursday, July 14 at 10a.m.

Winners of WIBT, the New 96.1 The Beat "Get Married on a Roller Coaster"
contest, the ten couples will exchange vows in full wedding attire
before beginning the thrill ride of their life together as man and wife.
Pastor Mark Harris, a member of American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE), will
preside over the coaster wedding. Also on hand will be a special,
wedding guest of the BORG kind.
By bgwfreak
As much as I love coasters, I have no desire to get married on a coaster.

Especially a Vekoma!!! ;)
By coasterholic14
i would lol...but not on a vekoma. It's gotta be B&M, like one of their hypers maybe.
By MarkD
hey swampfox that's pretty good news. Not bad for publicity hey? I'd like to be there at the rides end to see who, if anyone, was complaining about the ride. That could be a sure sign of the marriage's longevity.
By Becky
My daughter & her boyfriend is one of the 10 couples getting married on the BORG! We are so excited, but one thing, we are scheduled to go to the beach all of us the day after, there gonna be so much to do. My daughter & her boyfriend is Angela Ellis & Daniel Ashley. Daniel has rode this ride before, but Angela has not. She is a little nervous. This will be the first time my son Jeffrey Ellis (the best man) will ride this ride also my daughter-in-law Sheena the (maid of honor). We looking forward to it.
By montumax
I saw an article about this today in the Gaston Gazette. Hope they take some Aleve before riding it. "Not tonight honey, I have a headache from that coaster."
By swampfox43
Today was the big wedding day on BORG ASSIMILATOR. They just showed the 10 couples on the local news tonight. BORG himself (itself?) was there too!
The couples were not allowed to kiss until after the ride.....
By Carowindsman
I met the pastor for the wedding. He was cool. His home park is Kings Island and is sad that we have the flyers now. lol
By bgwfreak
swampfox43 wrote: Today was the big wedding day on BORG ASSIMILATOR. They just showed the 10 couples on the local news tonight. BORG himself (itself?) was there too!
The couples were not allowed to kiss until after the ride.....

They have to make sure they are assimilated first.

The borg guy said something funny, but I can't remember what it was. Something to do with being part of a collective, er ye olde brain doesn't work right anymore. lol

It's from all that brain damage on coasters (vekomas). lol