General Carowinds discussion
By LocoDriver
thfc wrote: Not trying to pick sides here, but it's pretty obvious that the email is not genuine.

As previous posters have said, if the poster were really a former park employee, he'd know that Rankin was moved back to California right about when Scarowinds started up this year (a good while before the layoffs occured). Also the the former GM's name was Rod and not Rob. I would hope that a former employee could spell the name of his boss... also D and B are nowhere near each other on the keyboard so i'm doubting it was a typo.

-ThFC

This is another reason as to why I was concerned that Jon put it on the site. I really like the site but lets try and keep things that aren't to credible off the site. Especially if it might tick off the wrong people.

I don't have a problem critisizing PC if it's a legit complaint with some research done behind it, but.......some rogue e-mail with obvious mistakes aimed at slamming the Park we all love is just a bunch of B.S. to me.

Of course it's just mine and a few others opinions.
By MarkD
People, people, please calm down a bit. If Jonathan felt comfortable enough to post this email then why slam him?
The major part of the email was Carowinds laying off 20 full time employees, which we all knew or should have known a few weeks ago. Sure he sounds bitter but I work for a company that has trimmed 78% off thier employees in the last two years, which goes into the 10s of thousands by the way. That makes me a tad bitter so I can see where the emailer is coming from.
The first part about the name of our new coaster should be taken with a grain of salt untill January 15th when the official word comes from Carowinds. I think that's the date.
As far as management from Carowinds lurking around the boards may be true and it may not. If thet do read this post then they might be upset with the emailer and the way others responded but the lay offs were not a private matter.
By Davidson640
Foreseer wrote:People, people, please calm down a bit. If Jonathan felt comfortable enough to post this email then why slam him?

We are not "slamming" anyone, but meerly criticizing the means in which this email was presented. Seeing as from Jonathan's quote in the first post "Discuss." What do you expect us to do, we're discussing, and under the definition of discussion, is critical analysis. What followed his first post is that...analysis through criticism. Hard to argue with Webster on that...

We are also criticising this email because people are clearly going against the park, when they have no idea exactly what happenned to bring about this decision by the park. "Oh, it was low attendance." Ok then, where's your proof, why should we believe you? Now, some will undoubtebly ask my credentials...to them I say, believe what you want, at least I know that this email is outright fraud, an email so slanted in the wrong diection it's hard to imagine people actually falling for it.

If you're that gullible to believe the email, then fine. Go ahead. But don't start spreading a message full of holes throughout the net, and through a site "dedicated" to a specific park. At least have some common decency toward the park .

The facts are, people got laid off. That's all we truly know without opinions, bias or any other fallacy. Present it as a news item, or better yet, DONT present it all...presenting it as an opinion piece just opens up a pandoras box...I suppose you can kiss the "Connection" goodbye from Caorwinds Connection. What does this even have to really do with the park, from a website prospective?

Few other things to clear up: "If you would have took time and searched other fan sites then I am sure you will find other so called insider info on any fan site. Maybe you should also take time and maybe check them out."

Funny, looking at sites with boards like PKIUnlimited...I see no inside information posted in the entire history of the site, in fact asking the webmaster, he makes sure that stuff never gets on the boards.

"You are claiming that you know that PPi is posting in this thread, then maybe if they are not happy with this info then maybe that someone should at least e-mail the webmaster about it."

First of all, I KNOW that PPI is posting in this thread, because I know the aliases of some from corporate offices. Though, theyre not saying who they are, they are trying to prove their point in a professional manner without jeopardizing their future relationship with the site, unlike posting an anoymous email from a disgrunted employee...yeah that's professional.
By coasterdave
I am not sure what is your problem here Davidson. You seem to have a beek with that e-mail and seem to have a beef with the webmaster because he posted it,. as I have told you three times if you have this strong of a beef then you should atleast take the time to e-mail him and ask him to delete this post. i do not see what is so hard about that. You take the time to post a long reply each time, so take that energy and write an e-mail.

Your replies are always welcome and incase noone has done it. Welcome to CC. Hope you enjoy your stay.
By coasterbruh
Hummmmmmm.........i think some people are taking this thread too serious!!! Didnt know some of the "connectors" were soo sensitive to certain situations. This situation must have hit a nerve with some of you guys. All of the flamming and being sarcastic towards Jon and others are very immature. And where did anyone get the idea that this site is directly link to Paramount's Carowinds?? Seems that everyone thinks their are god all mighty and their opinions are all that matter.........but guess what it doesnt!! When it was said "discuss" it didnt mean discuss why jon posted it here, it meant discuss the e mail. Needless to say some of you guys i wouldnt want to meet on a personal level because you are too case-sensative. And personally knowing me and my background i would probably do something i wouldnt regret because some of you jump the gun too quickly. You have to look deeper in the situation. Who knows it may be real it may be fake treat it as so. How many of you ultimately think everyone is gonna agree on everything?

Bottom line........some things are better left unsaid and you guys are lucky Jon doesnt really pay attention to the "board rules" cause it wouldnt be ANYONE left to post.

I recall a proverb; "You can never tell the difference between a donkey and a jackass until he opens his mouth"

I cant wait until the people from this site decides to meet up!! Boy what a day thats gonna be...........
By AMartin777
Davidson640 wrote: The facts are, people got laid off. That's all we truly know without opinions, bias or any other fallacy. Present it as a news item, or better yet, DONT present it all...presenting it as an opinion piece just opens up a pandoras box...I suppose you can kiss the "Connection" goodbye from Caorwinds Connection. What does this even have to really do with the park, from a website prospective?

I believe we can all agree that the only FACT we know is that people were laid off from Carowinds. I must respectfully disagree with you on this last point however. This subject has everything to do with the park from a website perspective.

Paramount has made a business decision that has resulted in the loss of employees from Carowinds park. Employees can make or break a park regardless of what rides the park may have. Holiday World is a living example of the influence a park's owners and employees can have on your experience during a visit to a theme/amusement park. This forum is a place to discuss all aspects of Carowinds and what makes it the entity that it is, therefore, the loss and/or replacement of employees from the park is directly related to Carowinds operation. I find the subject entirely relevant in this forum.

I also agree with those who have cautioned against everyone becoming overwrought concerning this thread. Noone is attacking anyone. We are simply discussing an issue that is obviously a flashpoint for all of us. I believe that the day we all meet will be a great one. I do not take anyone's statements here personally. I hope that none of you do either. Everyone has an point-of-view and After all, we are all here because we share a common interest and we can all deal with these discussions in a cordial, adult manner... even face to face.

As to the matter of PPI reading and posting in this forum. If that is indeed true, then I welcome it. It shows that there are individuals from the company that are actively involved in the park and concerned with the issues discussed on this board. This individual or these individuals care about their park and company and I believe that is a good thing. However, if this person is displeased with the point we are discussing, simply because it is being discussed at all, then that's unfortunate. They have every right to voice their opinion on this thread just as everyone else does.
By Jonathan
Guys, everyone continues to talk about the credibility of the writer and the truthfullness to it. The thing is, it wasn't any type of 'insider info,' but more of an opinion post, just like everything you guys have been writing in response to it. With that said, I'm closing this before it gets anymore out of hand.