General Carowinds discussion
By Cephas
At the rate they're going, the park probably won't send out pictures of the trains until they put them on the track (I hope we get the X-Flight style ones... :rolleyes: ) (yeah right!)

Are the trains going to be the same and just repainted. Or will they theme them like the Hulk and Dueling Dragons at IOA
By MarkD
That is what I was wonfering. Are the just refurbing them or are they actually going to repaint to a more Borg status.
By AaronClint
ask Crowder..he knows..just call the office and ask to speak to Mike Crowder..he will help you out..I am sure.
By AaronClint
since when is being ignorant speaking facts???
By Dukeis#1
AaronClint wrote: ask Crowder..he knows..just call the office and ask to speak to Mike Crowder..he will help you out..I am sure.

No wonder Dollywood and Busch Gardens have better employees. The ones that work at Carowinds are obviously smoking something :rolleyes:
By Top Gun
Boing! This topic is going off topic...now about the trains, I hope that they pad them, because I've heard people say that they where hard and delivered a rough ride.
By carowindsfreak13
I hope the ride is smooth. But you can never be shure. The roughest ride in the park is carolina cyclone. I hope it isn't this rough or any at all.
By Cephas
I think the Borg will be better than the cyclone when it first opens and then get worse with time.
By LocoDriver
carowindsfreak13 wrote: I hope the ride is smooth. But you can never be shure. The roughest ride in the park is carolina cyclone. I hope it isn't this rough or any at all.

I don't agree with that. I'd say Vortex and Reptar are much rougher than the Cyclone. I think CC runs pretty well for a 20+year arrow.
By twistytie
Yes, Reptar was very rough, and it was just put in.

I'm not sure about how rough you say Vortex is, but I think that Cyclone is rougher. I am biased a little against arrow loopers, just because they normally don't age well. I have to brace myself in some parts of the Cyclone, and I don't have to for Vortex, so IMO, I think Vortex is Smoother.

I'd think that they would try hard to make sure that Borg is smooth for its opening, or at least as smooth as possible. Don't they sand or do some kind of work on the track that can smooth it out, and make it a lot less rough?
By Dukeis#1
It depends. Vortex has some smooth places, and some rough places.

On Carolina Cyclone, IMO it all depends on where you sit. The front cars seem to glide through the track, but the back cars are whipped through the elements.

But I still find them both fun, so the roughness evens out. Now, RR is a different story...
By Cephas
On the cyclone I always sit on the front row, second car, I don't have to wait for the long line for first row and I can just walk on and It is just as smooth and I get the good view of being in the front of a car.

On the carowinds website under the B.A. Stats, It says that the seat angle in the station will be 60 degrees while at the top of the lift it will be 30 (Same 30 as the lift). I am wondering if there will be new trains that will recline on the lift hill or if the trains will just recline at the station, they would still be down in the "Flying" position at the top of the lift.

Also, will we have the best themed Vekoma in the world? After all, nobody (except carowinds) wants to put alot of money in themeing into such a crappy ride (Compared to a B&M)

Is carowinds becoming like SF New Orlenes, always getting the other parks' old rides? ;)
By LocoDriver
SFNO's only wishes it could be PC. That's a new park that was bought by SixFlags. SixFlags had to put a lot of used stuff into the park. They can't afford to put the number of attractions into a park that hasn't proven itself yet. Meanwhile Carowinds has BA which yes is used. To my knowledge that is the only used coaster they've ever received.

IMO, NO COMPARSION!